Anyone asked a dealer about long service

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
Doing over 20k miles per year at the mo so car is in for service every 5/6 months which is not brilliant.

Love the car but am thinking of swapping for a Golf GT with long life service option.

I probably know the answer but has anyone asked the dealers if this can be done on the FR?

Cheers

JamMonkey

Mar 9, 2008
Cheshire
I did when mine went in for its first service, my old golf was only serviced twice in its 44K life, i tried to get mine serviced by VW and converted to long life but they refused to touch it :( (something about warranty) I asked at the seat dealer as i don't want to service it 5/6 times and they said the only reason VW do long life is because they had too many cars on the road to service at 10/12k all the time.
I thought b*llocks but i wasn't going to argue, according to my friend who is a salesman at VW it can be changed if you can sweet talk the garage.

Good luck

Mines a 08 and there's a product recall on the curtain airbags, i've just had mine checked

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
It is a right con - it is the same bloody engine! By the time I get I was planning the get rid it will have had 5/6 services which is ridiculous.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise