Anyone fitted a Clarion FB289RBT

^whitey^

Anyone fitted a Clarion FB289RBT in a Leon MK 1 ?

I'm looking to fit a new unit I was looking at the Becker 7992 as I like keeping the original look but its out of my price range. I'm thinking of going for the Clarion as the bluetooth clarity on calls is meant to be excellent, it has SD and also the price.

What i'm worried about reading review is the FM reception and how it will look in the leon.

Cheers.

^whitey^

Other than that how did you find the unit ... was the FM reception ok ?

ucchockey

Mar 9, 2008
lichfield
You can change the colour between the fins to red. I did it on mine. It is a great looking unit. I sent mine back however because there is no medium wave on it. i listen to talksport all the time so it was no use to me. I really loved the look of it though.
Anyone know of any other aftermarket stereo that lights up red?

^whitey^

Yeah I don't think you can change the digits from looking at reviews. Hey ucchockey how did you find the FM reception ? The reviews say its the downfall of the unit. I wonder would my booster make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

ucchockey

Mar 9, 2008
lichfield
To be honest I didnt have it long enough to say what the reception was like. As soon as i found it had no medium wave i boxed it up and sent it back. Cant understand why they would miss this off the unit. Real shame for me.

The digits do stay white yes.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise