Anyone had problems with remaps?

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Searched around the forum and found a couple of people saying that they have had problems with remaps like there fuel pump unable to keep up and loosing power...

Sorry this is for an FR...

Just wondered if any has had the same problem with superchips / bluefin?

Deleted member 20376

a friend of mine had a remap on his mk2 tdi and he cracked the head on his engine.
but i dont think it was down to the remap think it may have just been a fault seat fixed it under warentee too lol

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
I know that sometimes a quite aggressive remap can lead to clutch slippage and excessive wear - the remap on my PD130 led to the clutch slipping when I dropped it too fast/hard.

Never heard of fuel pumps struggling to keep up - IIRC remaps are theoretically supposed to increase fuel economy, not lead to you dumping loads of extra fuel through the car...

jdearden

when i first had it mapped (revo) the car only rev'd to 2500rpm. and i couldn't do more than 30mph. took it back to the garage minutes later and they had another look at it and sorted it. was just an error that was being thrown up. No probs since. I'm assuming you've had it done and are experiencing problems? If so take it back to the dealer. If not, go get it done, best thing I've done :)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Fuel cuts can be an issue if you are running a aggressive Stage 2 remap, but shouldnt happen with Stage 1. The solution to this is an uprated fuel pump (or uprated internals) to cope with the extra fueling needs. I always ran Stage 2 without a modified fuel pump as all was ok.

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Hi, thanks for the replys...

No i havnt had the remap done yet, its just i am thinking of getting it done soon and remembered reading on these forums a little while ago about kevs (i think) FR that he had remapped to 250HP (again i think) and he had problems with the fuel pump not keeping up and had to remove the map...

This is the reason i was thinking about going for a superchips/bluefin as it isnt quite as aggressive as other maps out there (41hp gains so they say) and also the ability to remove it if needed.

Anyone think it would be a complete waste of money? I'm just airing on the side of caution really as i wouldnt want to change my fuel pump or have any problems with the car after its done...OH and would my DSG box be ok? what is a DSG rated too...HP and torque wise?

jdearden

Awesome's Golf Gti runs the DSG box and that is apaprently fine with 380+ bhp so you'll be fine with the remap on the dsg box

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
brilliant, thanks again.

Just got it back from the workshop...has its spoiler and skirts + eibach sportline springs on it now and it looks fantastic....:funk:

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
alright mate yeh mine was the cam follower and camshaft. check that yours is ok and not worn before you get the map back on otherwise itl **** up. jbs should of checked mine but they never. :(

Eriedor

Feb 2, 2009
brilliant, thanks again.

Just got it back from the workshop...has its spoiler and skirts + eibach sportline springs on it now and it looks fantastic....:funk:

Any chance of a piccy?

I'm thinking of doimng exactly the same but with prolines instead as I don't want it to be too firm.

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
Fuel cuts can be an issue if you are running a aggressive Stage 2 remap, but shouldnt happen with Stage 1. The solution to this is an uprated fuel pump (or uprated internals) to cope with the extra fueling needs. I always ran Stage 2 without a modified fuel pump as all was ok.

The problem irrespectively of stage 1 or 2 (without HPFP) arrives when the software demands high boost in the mid range, like tuners were doing in the past for 1.8-20VT engines, and as expected the stock fuel pump cannot cope with the extra boost and supply the appropriate amount of fuel. I think that TFSi engines should be mapped with a different approach, like not very high overboosts and more progressive built up of power with more emphasis to higher revs, where due to better flow characteristics, cams, and advance can get significantly more power gains ...!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.