Anyone had tdi hpfp failure?

Dan-FR

Jul 25, 2020
Leicester
Hi all,

Just quick post to see if anyone has come across it before. I've got a 2012 2.0 tdi fr 170bhp cr engine.

Not sure if im just being overly sensitive to hearing It, but I've notice my car has a fast clicking, ticking (like a push bike sprocket) noise coming from drivers front under bonnet, which I'm sure is fuel hpfp...

I've mentioned it to a couple mechanics who have confirmed that it sounds like early fuel pump failure.

Has anyone else had this? Do i need to get it done ASAP? Its currently looking to cost me £700-£800! Wanted to make sure im not worrying over nothing before blowing a load of cash, because i can't seem to find any other posts about catastrophic fuel pump failure.

Having said that, I'm reluctant to drive it if its going to potentially leave me stranded and kill four injectors at the same time.

Cheers all

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Mine does this all the time, no problems in the last couple of years.

Got me worried now tho, is mine about to **** it's guts?

Dan-FR

Jul 25, 2020
Leicester
Mine does this all the time, no problems in the last couple of years.

Got me worried now tho, is mine about to **** it's guts?
Hmm well i asked a tech from a local skoda dealer and his response was, could last you a couple years, could go next week 😂 so I have no idea. Really don't wanna part with 700 quid but o guess I'll be getting a cambelt change into that. Be nice to hear if anyone else has this characteristic clicky noise

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You're sure it's not the injectors?

Have you tried adding some lubricating fuel additive or running it on VPower, see if that changes the amount of noise at all?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.