Anyone have a light circuit wiring diagram???

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Need to look at somthing if anyone can help!

Random HID kit issue thats getting on me tits!

Also any ideas how many amps can go through the lighting wiring without causing damage? need to upgrade the tiny 7.5 amp one again! (already put a 10a!)

Thnx

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
give me a call mate :) i will help you out.

Got no phone signal down in sunny kent! Basicaly my hids would flicker n and then off when i switched them on, switch off and then on and all worked fine! I fgured it wasnt faulty ballast as it did it on both sides, every time! I looked at the fuse and saw that there only 7.5 amp and i read somewhere that the HIDs draw 17amps when warming up. Put a 10amp fuse on both sides and hardly ever gives me a problem now, but occasionaly does, how big a fuse can i use without causing damage to the lighting circuit??

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i would not bother putting a bigger fuse in there mate.

the best thing to do is to wire a relay in, this should stop the flickering from occuring.

greg

Aug 31, 2005
my HIDs have ran fine for the past 2 months since i installed them, they only have a 7.5 amp fuse. However if your havin problems, installing a relay should solve your power issue.

Richy88

mines got a 10A in and cant say ive had any problems in 6 months

it only draws 17a for a split second on start up current so not enough to blow a 10a and the standard wiring will take 17a for a second easy 20a wont cause any problems will still blow the fuse before messing any wiring up

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise