Anyone into Metal/Heavy Metal music?

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
The whole Metal scene is not really "me". I'm more of an old '60's rocker (but I'll not bore you with going there - although, have you listened lately to the Byrds "Wasn't born to follow" really loud on a good amp? No, try it, I just rediscovered it) Anyway, back to this subject. Anyone heard of "Sons of Slaughter"? Probably not I would guess. I'll post an attachment if I can manage to do it. https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sons_of_Slaughter/23568 The lead guitar, nearest the camera with all that hair, was my oldest boy! They had a massive Scandinavian fan base but never really "cracked" it over here. Here's some more of their "stuff"
These days he's a "meek mannered" supermarket home delivery driver but, just before this damned virus overtook us he had raised a new band and they were doing practice sessions with a new female vocalist, so maybe not Death metal? - Watch this space? Although I couldn't listen to this for long he can bring me close to tears when he plays blues!

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
These days I'm more into this sort of "stuff"
Maybe sacrilege but I prefer it to Robert Johnson's original - sorry Robert. Here's some more
Slow hand again with the wonderful JJ Cale.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
These days I'm more into this sort of "stuff"
Maybe sacrilege but I prefer it to Robert Johnson's original - sorry Robert. Here's some more
Slow hand again with the wonderful JJ Cale.
Nothing wrong with JJ Cale and Eric Clapton, I've been in a work band that covered a lot of stuff like this and I enjoyed playing and learning it all.

The whole Metal scene is not really "me". I'm more of an old '60's rocker (but I'll not bore you with going there - although, have you listened lately to the Byrds "Wasn't born to follow" really loud on a good amp? No, try it, I just rediscovered it) Anyway, back to this subject. Anyone heard of "Sons of Slaughter"? Probably not I would guess. I'll post an attachment if I can manage to do it. https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sons_of_Slaughter/23568 The lead guitar, nearest the camera with all that hair, was my oldest boy! They had a massive Scandinavian fan base but never really "cracked" it over here. Here's some more of their "stuff"
These days he's a "meek mannered" supermarket home delivery driver but, just before this damned virus overtook us he had raised a new band and they were doing practice sessions with a new female vocalist, so maybe not Death metal? - Watch this space? Although I couldn't listen to this for long he can bring me close to tears when he plays blues!
That's some heavy stuff right there haha not bad, not bad at all. I'll have a look see if they're on amazon music and get them on a play list.

Reactions: Crossthreaded

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Trivium one and only metal band you will ever need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fester999

May 17, 2020
There's a heavy metal club called Eleven here in Stoke-on-Trent.
They have cracking cover bands on.
Dirty DC properly good.
Can't wait until we can see live music again.

Reactions: Sl1ced

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Trivium one and only metal band you will ever need

Seen them twice, the 2nd time was just before his voice started to degrade in shoutyness lol now he's back and they're pretty good. Here's my favourite

There's a heavy metal club called Eleven here in Stoke-on-Trent.
They have cracking cover bands on.
Dirty DC properly good.
Can't wait until we can see live music again.
Do like a good cover band and good location for a gig, one of my favourites is the Brudenell Social club in Leeds.

Reactions: Fester999

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Seen them twice, the 2nd time was just before his voice started to degrade in shoutyness lol now he's back and they're pretty good. Here's my favourite

Do like a good cover band and good location for a gig, one of my favourites is the Brudenell Social club in Leeds.

I’m on five times. I love it. Every album has been awesome. The newest one is the best since ascendancy too. Sick

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.