Anyone into Metal/Heavy Metal music?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Always looking for new music to listen to... I find that Metal calms the soul and keeps people from acting like Micheal Douglas in Falling Down lol

I'm out the loop in terms of genre names for each class, I just go with the fact is it heavy or not haha big fan of breakdowns and chunky riffs...

Here is my current favourite track for the car... (those who don't like this sort of music you probably shouldn't even load it lol)

Reactions: BadBoy03 and Goot

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hahaha, bit too heavy for me. Falling Down is one of my fav films of all time though. And I was voted most likely to go postal.

Reactions: BadBoy03

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hahaha, bit too heavy for me. Falling Down is one of my fav films of all time though. And I was voted most likely to go postal.

Haha you could of played that character no worries! Yeah it's pretty heavy from Crystal lake, is this more to your style?

Love this song just not in my heavy playlist haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, that's much better. LOL. I just can't do screaming (especially in the morning).

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah, that's much better. LOL. I just can't do screaming (especially in the morning).
That's how I set myself up for the day haha screaming songs seems to (for me) take out anger in the song so you don't need to go round punching random people haha

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Always looking for new music to listen to... I find that Metal calms the soul and keeps people from acting like Micheal Douglas in Falling Down lol

I'm out the loop in terms of genre names for each class, I just go with the fact is it heavy or not haha big fan of breakdowns and chunky riffs...

Here is my current favourite track for the car... (those who don't like this sort of music you probably shouldn't even load it lol)

Had Michael Douglas put a bit of Whitney Houston on instead he may have taken a different approach. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Syphon

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
Always looking for new music to listen to... I find that Metal calms the soul

?Another Metal fan ?
I'll admit to being a bit 'boring' since lockdown, and not listened to much!
Having listened to that Crystal Lake track above, it's encouraged me to start hunting down some new bands to listen to.....

Vaios_Greece

Jun 11, 2020
It's not new or anything like that, but in my car I keep repeating these two covers from 5finger death punch.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G975F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

Vaios_Greece

Jun 11, 2020
Plus I have always with me one of my all time favorites....

Fester999

May 17, 2020
Big rock fan me.
I saw Bon Jovi in 1987 at Victoria Hall in Stoke-on-Trent. Paid £7 for ticket people were offering £400 on the night!
I was 17 at the time, old fart!

Reactions: Vaios_Greece

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Here is some of my other well known favourites

Metallica - Fade to Black
Dream Theater - As I am
Machine Head - Imperium
HateBreed - Live for this
Tool - Sober

Now for some more current stuff I listen to

Sylosis - I Sever
Fit for a King - God of Fire
Spiritbox - Holly Roller (feat. Ryo Kinoshita)
We Came as Romans - Carry the Weight

This ones not for the faint hearted haha it's a little bit brutal and will lead to speeding in any car haha

Slaughter to Prevail - Demolisher

?Another Metal fan ?
I'll admit to being a bit 'boring' since lockdown, and not listened to much!
Having listened to that Crystal Lake track above, it's encouraged me to start hunting down some new bands to listen to.....
Always happy to help lol you'll have to drop some songs down for us to check out...

It's not new or anything like that, but in my car I keep repeating these two covers from 5finger death punch.

FFDP are an awesome band! pretty good cover of Rising Sun, quite a bit different so easy to take in over the original.

Im a bit old skool......Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath etc but also like a bit of Nightwish, Kobra & The Lotus. A bit eclectic and a bit border line :)

Nightwish
Never been a fan of Iron Maiden but i'm a big fan of Metallica and the Sabbath. Not heard much Nightwish and never heard of the other 2 lol any tracks that stand out?

Big rock fan me.
I saw Bon Jovi in 1987 at Victoria Hall in Stoke-on-Trent. Paid £7 for ticket people were offering £400 on the night!
I was 17 at the time, old fart!
So you may of experienced the early Metallica albums live, did you go that heavy or did you stick with the Rock scene? I feel being a bit younger I missed the best of music growing up only having to rediscover it now...

Reactions: Vaios_Greece

Vaios_Greece

Jun 11, 2020
Machine Head always a favorite... Sadly in Greece we've seen them only twice. But both times was awesome.

First time it was for the burnin red tour

The second time was five years ago

As for classic old school metal, I consider myself a slayer, metallica, megadeth, etc fan. And having seen them back in their youth, I can easily say how happy and fulfilled I am!!

Fester999

May 17, 2020
Here is some of my other well known favourites

Metallica - Fade to Black
Dream Theater - As I am
Machine Head - Imperium
HateBreed - Live for this
Tool - Sober

Now for some more current stuff I listen to

Sylosis - I Sever
Fit for a King - God of Fire
Spiritbox - Holly Roller (feat. Ryo Kinoshita)
We Came as Romans - Carry the Weight

This ones not for the faint hearted haha it's a little bit brutal and will lead to speeding in any car haha

Slaughter to Prevail - Demolisher

Always happy to help lol you'll have to drop some songs down for us to check out...

FFDP are an awesome band! pretty good cover of Rising Sun, quite a bit different so easy to take in over the original.

Never been a fan of Iron Maiden but i'm a big fan of Metallica and the Sabbath. Not heard much Nightwish and never heard of the other 2 lol any tracks that stand out?

So you may of experienced the early Metallica albums live, did you go that heavy or did you stick with the Rock scene? I feel being a bit younger I missed the best of music growing up only having to rediscover it now...
I like Metallica also Black Sabbath, Motorhead.
ACDC probably top of my list.
Saw them in 88 brilliant live!?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Machine Head always a favorite... Sadly in Greece we've seen them only twice. But both times was awesome.

First time it was for the burnin red tour

The second time was five years ago

As for classic old school metal, I consider myself a slayer, metallica, megadeth, etc fan. And having seen them back in their youth, I can easily say how happy and fulfilled I am!!

Yeah i've seen Machine Head about 5 times now, once they supported Metallica which was nice! So you like the Big 5 metal bands lol good choices!

I like Metallica also Black Sabbath, Motorhead.
ACDC probably top of my list.
Saw them in 88 brilliant live!?
Motorhead... that slipped through the net! Not listened to them in ages! ACDC are brilliant I find them to be feel good rock lol

Reactions: Fester999

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
That's how I set myself up for the day haha screaming songs seems to (for me) take out anger in the song so you don't need to go round punching random people haha
Lol, me too! Love my metal...been a fan since I was at primary school (big bro got me into it). Saw Metallica on my 16th bday and loved the Mosh pit of any gig. Love all bands, flavour this week is System of a Down & Sepultura. My daughter was singing 'War for territory' unknowingly, made me lol! It keeps me sane (if possible) & like to escape in the car for a loud session.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Lol, me too! Love my metal...been a fan since I was at primary school (big bro got me into it). Saw Metallica on my 16th bday and loved the Mosh pit of any gig. Love all bands, flavour this week is System of a Down & Sepultura. My daughter was singing 'War for territory' unknowingly, made me lol! It keeps me sane (if possible) & like to escape in the car for a loud session.
You don't normally meet metal heads that are complete muppets, normally (from my experience) seem to be down to earth and happy...

You heard the 2 new System of a down tracks? Love me some Sepultura! Root bloody roots is always a firm favourite of mine

Reactions: BadBoy03

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Kobra & The Lotus

That's a pretty good voice indeed! I cannot think of a band that I know that they sound like which I like. I have a few of there's on my playlist to see what I think after a few listens.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.