Anyone on here got a Leon Cupra V6?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
LHD only

I was lucky enough to get a lap in a slightly tuned & uprated handling one round Nurburgring - it's very different to any other leon!

Deleted member 7729

m0rk said:
LHD only

I was lucky enough to get a lap in a slightly tuned & uprated handling one round Nurburgring - it's very different to any other leon!

What was it like? Good / Bad?

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I have seen at least one advertised in the Autotrader before, mind you that was some time ago. I think there are a handful in the country, and I'm sure someone on here had one a few years back.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Quickest way is to go on Autotrader website. scroll down to bottom of page and follow the links to the Euro Autotraders, Dutch would probably be best, or German as most people over there speak the Queens English better than we do so it will be easy to contact the sellers and communicate.
Have a search on here about importing cars, it's quite easy but time consuming as you will probably have to fly over there and get a ferry back. Lots of people were importing cars a couple of years ago when the exchange rates were good, and not just new cars as there were bargains to be had with some saught after semi classics like BMW M3s, Integrales, Golf G60s etc.
Perhaps visit a few other websites that deal with Golf GTIs and ask peoples opinions on how to go about importing cars as there were loads of G60s and Rallyes being brought in a few years ago.

mr. Hedgehog

Has gone to the Darkside
Nov 1, 2004
Malvern
Was it a 2.8 or 2.9 VR6 lump? Spose there is always the option of having a VR6 conversion off one of the many companies on here - less authentic, but RHD.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
mr. Hedgehog said:
Was it a 2.8 or 2.9 VR6 lump? Spose there is always the option of having a VR6 conversion off one of the many companies on here - less authentic, but RHD.

It was the 2.8 engine from the mk4 Golf with the multivalve head and variable inlet manifolding, 4WD etc.
Unfortunately not available with the 3.2 V6 either!

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
mr. Hedgehog said:

Yes RHD but not 4WD, which is the main point of getting one. Prob alot easier and cheaper to just get an S3 or 4motion, but i love the shape of the leon.

Cheers

Danny

Steve Flatley

Is it not possible to look into a 4 wheel drive conversion using a written off S3 or whatever? Probably a lot of work mind you but surely it's do-able?

Not all that similar but there was an Astra MK1 in Total Vauxhall this month which had been stuck on top of a trimmed calibra turbo 4x4 chassis.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Do able but would cost masses of money. There are so many electronic gubbins on these latest generation cars your biggest problem is getting them all talking to one another. Not as easy as you would think, there's a guy on Briskoda who merely implanted a PD130 engine from a Fabia vRS into a Fabia PD100, simple you would think - not a chance, you'd be surprised how many different bits were required to be changed, and it's still not all sorted now, with engine check lights and air bag lights illuminated in the dash all the time etc etc.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.