Anyone Used Pentagon In Reading For Tinting Glass?

rich146

Sep 27, 2009
Berkshire
www.reverbnation.com
Just wondered if anyone has used Pentagon In Reading for tinting their SEAT. Im considering booking my Leon (Being built this week) to have rear factory identical tint and apparently can have front sides slight UV tint as well (obviously staying within legal limits).
They sound pretty good and are approved by Audi/volks as OEM fitters so guess this means the dealerships use them?
They are doing a special offer this month if you contact them online for a quote so very much considering them...

http://www.tintyourglass.co.uk/tinted_auto_glass.htm

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Might be worth checking if they're actually part of the (very) well known Pentagon group, or if they're just trading on the same name. I used Pentagon when I had the Bora tinted, and I also had Supaglass done at the same time. Supaglass is a tint film which is virtually unbreakable and prevents the glass from shattering in an accident or attempted breaking. Well worth the extra I thought.

However, the main Pentagon office somewhere down in London area was the place to go for a good quality job as it transpired. I used their branch in Cleckheaton to do mine, and they made a right arse of it. The window rubbers were all bent and twisted, there was gravel under the tint film, there were bubbles all round the rear windscreen, and I refused to pay for it. I didn't even feel confident in taking it back for them to put right. That particular branch is no longer part of Pentagon as far as I can see.

Right, just seen that the 2 phone numbers are the same so they must be part of the same company.

Edit: Cleckheaton branch are still showing as part of the group in some search engine listings. I wouldn't recommend them.

Last edited:

pentagon

Viking, people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, I remember the situation very well even if it was five years ago.

I think it’s only fair I give my defence. Pentagon had been trading for three months when we carried out the work on your vehicle. We discussed the issues and even involved peter from head office. We agreed to rectify the work and replace the trim. We contacted you numerous of times but you never gave us the chance to put these faults right.

You can not criticize five years later when we apologised and were willing to rectify the problem, ordering you a new trim to replace the one that was bent.

Every business man knows that new businesses have teething problems but we learn and grow from these. You run a heating company and I know full well you would have made some mistakes and customers wouldn’t have been happy and if you haven’t then I congratulate you because you will be the only company in the world that hasn’t. We have regular customers who have used us for years because we offer the best service and quality in the tinting industry.

I will put my money where my mouth is and offer to tint your current vehicle free of charge.

Please contact me through pentagon..

Regards

Pentagon Glass Tech Yorkshire

P.S I would recommend Tim at Reading

Last edited by a moderator:

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
you will not be able to tint the front buddy as the standard window comes in around 75% and below 70% is illegal some cars standard windows are on the limit

i had very very light smoked on the front of mine and got pulled out side the majaski stadium in reading and they put there tester on and came back with 28.7% lol that would normally equate to 3 points and a £30 pound fine ( anything under 30%)

i was lucky he let me off as long as a i removed the tints off straight away...

thames valley old bill are having a big thing about tints on the front so be warned....

rich146

Sep 27, 2009
Berkshire
www.reverbnation.com
Pentagon sound like a very professional setup from my correspondance through e-mail. They would advise what is legal and what isn't. Id rather keep the fronts as legal as poss simply for my own piece of mind that I can see out of them safely.

caplioui005

新加的空白文章3

这是新加的空白文章3,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.