Ap Coilovers

Cupratimmy

Apr 11, 2010
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hey, Im looking around for cheapish coilovers for my motor. How would you guys rate Ap coilovers? do any of you have or had them before? is the ride pretty harsh? Im not looking to spend over 500 quid on suspension as my budget is limited. Any advice would be great :)

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Would be great to join a site where people dont act like tools to newbies

I didn't act like a tool. I gave him a link to a thread that discusses exactly what he was after, and then said try searching. This topic was covered only last week.

If you read the Forum Rules you would see it does say in there to try searching first.

Search Tips
The forum has been active since 2001, and as such a forum this large has a vast number of re-posts. A great deal of this information can be overlooked by New Users. We politely encourage users to lookup the information that is freely available to find if you simply use the search functions - Click here for Search functions

Be specific and enter lots of keywords, also narrow your search field by searching only specific forum sections. For example if its a Leon specific query, set the search engine to only search in the Leon forums. The more information you give the search engine the more chance it has of finding something from the database that answers your question.

Many common questions, such as dump valves (whooshy), chip tuning (remaps) have been discussed in great length many times before. If you have searched and can either not find what your looking for or have more questions relating to the subject that may not of been answered. Then by all means start a new thread in a relevant section. If the subject is already covered in an existing thread then please add to the existing subject rather than starting a new thread.

Seeing as your a newbie, you should have read them not long ago so should know they say that anyway.

Last edited:

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
Perhaps the guy doesnt know about the search or couldnt find it, not everyone is easy going on computers.

Some people need to lighten up.

Not to mention he was asking the opinions of people in this thread not another one

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Perhaps the guy doesnt know about the search or couldnt find it, not everyone is easy going on computers.

Some people need to lighten up.

Not to mention he was asking the opinions of people in this thread not another one

I'm sure when you sign up you confirm you've read all the rules and like I've shown above theres no excuse for not knowing. Plus its a big box at the top of every page with search next to it.

Still can't see how I was a tool, I pointed him straight to the answer. I wasn't even rude about it.

Why ask for peoples opinions 1 week after they've already given them?

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
I just think it was the sharpness of how it was intended. All you ever get on forums is newbies getting spoken down to (so to speak) and I feel its a bit harsh. All IMO of course ;)

Forget me even saying anything as I'm sure this could go on for a while....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.