AP Racing Discs

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Does anyone know anything about the AP Racing two-piece discs for the LCR? Apparently part number CP4590-010BNP.CG8 (plus DS2500 pads :D)

I figure they must be better than the EBC Turbo Groove discs that I have at the moment and I'm considering a future upgrade...

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Dont know exactly what disks my badger 5 2 piece ones are, maybe AP
These are combined with DS2500 and stopping power is good to say the least

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
May be worth having a chat with Badger about it. Coming from performance bikes to the LCR, it seems odd that the discs are one piece as all of my bikes since I had a 125 have two piece floating discs and it just makes sense. When I spotted that AP (which I just found out were merged in to Brembo in 2000) make suitable discs for the LCR it got my very interested

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Alright Antnee, ive got the AP 2 piece discs on my LCR matched with ds2500 pads, i went for grooved as these were recomended over drilled as they just crack, there not floating discs though, just 2 piece, they are a fair bit lighter than the standard discs and also have proper directional cooling vanes, they are as good as you could want for a LCR in terms of stopping power upgrade, be prepared for a major expense though as the discs and bells are around £600 and then factor in pads at £100 ~ £700. Although once you have got them replacing discs are the only thing that will need changing as bells will be ok. Massive upgrade when matched with good set of pads and the brembos, especially if your thinking of track days. Make sure you bed them in properly though, very easy to damage a very expensive brake set up.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise