Apple CarPlay Spotify search

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Tried it this morning on my Navigation High unit and all I get is the Browse menu where you can pick play lists which are pre made.

I would seriously look at Apple Music as being part of the Apple eco system it works better and offers far more.

Last edited:

Cupra290

STM400
Mar 8, 2016
United Kingdom
Tried it this morning on my Navigation High unit and all I get is the Browse menu where you can pick play lists which are pre made.

I would seriously look at Apple Music as being part of the Apple eco system it works better and offers far more.

Yes I use Apple Music but I use Spotify more and it's really stupid that I can't use "search" like on my iPhone. What's the point when I'm only able to listen to music that I already added to my playlists. Anyone else tried this?

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I dont use Carplay but I do use Spotify on Android Auto and the only way I can search for music is by voice command. I presume Carplay implements Siri to some degree. I just ask "Play the song Alright by Kendrick Lamar" and it will start playing instantly. The lack of a search function is a safety feature to stop people driving and typing on a screen. It's a dangerous distraction to be staring at the screen so it make sense.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.