ARB's and spacers, with or with out springs?

jacupra

For Sale 2004 LCR
Oct 24, 2007
norwich
hello everyone. im looking to upgrade the suspension on my LCR. i want to get the r32 front arb and somesort of rear arb dont know which one yet. also want spacers. should i bother lowering it? will it make any differences in handling?
any help will be great thanks alot. james

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
To suppliment the above i have fitted the MK4 R32 23mm ARB, there is a 21mm one aswell. The LCR OEM one is 19mm. The 23mm R32 bar and accessories were about £100 which is about half the price of the aftermarket ones.
I would advise you fit the 23mm front ARB, with the 28mm Rear Neuspeed ARB and the S3 strutt brace and see how you feel after this. Fitting this with new suspension is alot of money and might end up too much of a change for you

jacupra

For Sale 2004 LCR
Oct 24, 2007
norwich
junior- you say to fit both arbs at once and get the 23mm bar. ok thats sounds like a plan. what about the spacers? best place to get them from and size? james

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
i've got the same set up as junior senior
but i've got the neuspeed front instead of the R32

I would definately get the arbs fitted first then see how it feels
(thats how i did it) but do get both cos if you only fit rear i think it gets swichy
then i just fitted coilovers for astetics and cos standard ones are **** ha

As for spacers i got 20mm on back but currently none on front
but i would not go no more than 10mm on front

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Jason, I don't have spacers fitted so cannot really comment, not heard a bad work about them. The Seat cupra Cup cars run spacers so can't be a bad thing. Make sure you buy good ones with extended length bolts aswell though.
If i was fitting spacers I would only fit to the rear and probably only 10mm per side TBH as I would worry about these moving or giving wheel inbalance.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members