Armrest in New Ibiza

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
There’s no cutting required or damage caused. Putting it back to original is just a case of (a) having kept the rear tray that’s removed in the first place... then (b) undoing the 4 nuts and 2 bolts hold the armrest in and removing it, (c) using two of the nuts to fix down the centre console and finally (d) clipping the tray back in

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Can anyone who has already fitted this tell me how to get the tray off without damaging it?

I just levered it up from the back, using my finger between the carpet and the tray on the centre tunnel.
https://ibb.co/bMQyq7
It then just unclipped. But it did hurt! So I suggest levering it up with a blunt plastic object, something like a plastic windscreen scraper should do the trick

Last edited:

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks for the advice thats mine all fitted. Very impressed witht he quality of it. My last car was a Fiesta which had one as standard but it was very hard plastic and pretty cheap feeling. This is so much better :)

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Thanks for the advice thats mine all fitted. Very impressed witht he quality of it. My last car was a Fiesta which had one as standard but it was very hard plastic and pretty cheap feeling. This is so much better :)

No worries! For the price I think it’s a bargain - not sure why SEAT don’t offer it as a factory fit option... I’d happily have paid £125/£150 when I ordered the car! Makes the interior feel a little bit more premium as well :)

Stupidus

Mar 12, 2018
No worries! For the price I think it’s a bargain - not sure why SEAT don’t offer it as a factory fit option... I’d happily have paid £125/£150 when I ordered the car! Makes the interior feel a little bit more premium as well :)

Odd, thats an option here in Denmark, but it comes at 225 pounds .. For that price i dont mind mounting it myself

Sid

Apr 3, 2018
Are there actually 2 extra nuts in the kit?

Yes, I can see where I’ve missed two out...will take it back out tomorrow and re-fix!

Hello mate, could you clarify what you mean here? I have just received my kit and looked at the instructions and it does appear to only require use of 2 of the nuts and not all 4?

Did you go back in and use the extra 2 somewhere? if so where did they go?

Cheers
Sid

Last edited:

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
You can re-use the nuts that you take off to attach the L shaped brackets for the centre mounts and then use 2 of the new nuts to secure the rear mounting points. You'll see what's needed when you take off the rear tray/cover.
Easy job really, should only take 30 mins tops.

Sid

Apr 3, 2018
Hey guys, thanks for all the info and thanks to Mike for getting it out so quick!

Have managed to fit the armrest and must say it does look complete with it there!

Also does anyone know if the part on the arm rest that can be lifted, should have a lever point more then just flat at the bottom or all the way open? What I mean to say is I had a Leon and I'm sure you could adjust the height of the arm rest and have it in 2 or 3 different locations.

The new one just sits all the way at the bottom and when I was fitting it couldn't tell if it had a mechanism to do so.

Not end of the world if it can't, just wondering?
cheers

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
No there's no ratchet mechanism like the Leon one with different angle settings, just the sliding forward or back option.

lntghll

Aug 13, 2018
Has anyone tried pairing the leather armrest with fabric seats as it will still match gear stick, steering wheel etc.. Or should play it safe and match the fabric?

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
I know I’ve missed out on the group buy from a couple months back but can anyone tell me where I can get the genuine seat armrest from? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shannon23

Aug 30, 2018
Nottingham
I know I’ve missed out on the group but from a couple months back but can anyone tell me where I can get the genuine seat armrest from? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I’ve wanted one for ages & came across this page yesterday. I found the seller on eBay. They’re called listers_seat-skoda. They’re selling them for £105

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Hey, I’ve wanted one for ages & came across this page yesterday. I found the seller on eBay. They’re called listers_seat-skoda. They’re selling them for £105
I've just stumbled across that on eBay before coming onto here.
Used to spend a lot of time on here when I had my Leon and just got an Ibiza.
Looks like the armrest is a must

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shannon23
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.