Armrest in New Ibiza

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
I've just stumbled across that on eBay before coming onto here.
Used to spend a lot of time on here when I had my Leon and just got an Ibiza.
Looks like the armrest is a must

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can you post a link for us please?

Sep 12, 2018
Or buy it direct from Mike at Listers for £90 delivered. Details as on the group buy thread.
I have ordered a leatherette one today. They have both options in stock.

Milks

Sep 11, 2018
Looks great think I'll order one. Does it require cutting or damaging the trim? What I'm trying to find out is can it be removed and returned to original without any damage showing? Just thinking when I return the car at the end of the term.

Thanks again

I've been thinking this... if anyone could confirm?

lntghll

Aug 13, 2018
I've been thinking this... if anyone could confirm?
No damage at all. Just keep the little tray that will have to come out.
I would recommend the leatherette version to match the gear stick, steering wheel and leatherette dash trim if you have it, its very good quality.

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Just fitted mine this morning, no damage to the car at all but also had the two nuts left over. It helps to have a trim tool or at least a butter knife to pop the original tray out.

I ordered it from Listers and they had it delivered to me here in Spain within a week. Only slight negative is that - presumably during shipping - one of the lower clips on the armrest unit's back cover had started to snap off. I managed to apply some gentle pressure to it with a thin knife as I put the cover on and guided it into its socket. It feels fairly well-secured regardless as it's only one of about 8 clips. Not worth sending it back over.

If you're buying this for storage beware - IMO the armrest pocket is remarkably narrow and won't take more than a sunglasses case.

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
There's a different armrest for the new skoda fabia that instead of being deep and narrow is long. You can see it here:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/fabia/features

I don't see any reason why it won't fit the Ibiza.

Interesting but I dunno, even in that picture a rear tray similar to but a bit smaller than the one we remove to fit the Seat armrest is still in place. I had a look at the Fabia configuration tool and there's an over head interior shot in which the whole middle console looks quite different, even down to placement of the handbrake (central, not offset). The Polo looks more like the Ibiza though, so maybe this is just one of those things where they aren't going to share components across all the brands?

Last edited:

Matty_mk6FR

Matty_Cupra300
Oct 23, 2018
Just got my Ibiza FR back from the seat dealership, an hour and a half of waiting for it to be fitted! Paid £170 for the armrest itself and fitting, as the bloke over the phone claims ‘its very tricky to fit’ and I don’t have the time or the tools to do it myself. On the bright side, my sunglasses don’t rattle in the door anymore

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Just got my Ibiza FR back from the seat dealership, an hour and a half of waiting for it to be fitted! Paid £170 for the armrest itself and fitting, as the bloke over the phone claims ‘its very tricky to fit’ and I don’t have the time or the tools to do it myself. On the bright side, my sunglasses don’t rattle in the door anymore
If your dealer thought it was tricky to fit they must be idiots :doh:

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham

If you enjoy it then it's worth it! In case anyone else thinks the same, the tools required are a butter knife and a 10mm socket. Even a spanner would probably work and I'd imagine you could get one in Halfords for less than a fiver as part of a bike repair kit.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
If you enjoy it then it's worth it! In case anyone else thinks the same, the tools required are a butter knife and a 10mm socket. Even a spanner would probably work and I'd imagine you could get one in Halfords for less than a fiver as part of a bike repair kit.

I used a spanner for two bolts and a socket for the side and rear bolts. I just pulled the rear tray out by hand with a good tug. Took 15 mins in total to fit, very easy and simple DIY job with half-decent instructions supplied in the kit.

Dad

Mar 19, 2023
I fitted the armrest this morning into my FR-S 2022. Followed the instructions from Peter in this thread and it was incredibly easy to do in under half an hour. I used a fish slice to prise up the existing oddments tray and a 10mm socket with extension.

In my opinion it makes the interior look more premium and feels lovely too. A bargain really.

Only thing that feels missing from this car are the parking sensors which I find a bit bemusing at this price level!

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I fitted the armrest this morning into my FR-S 2022. Followed the instructions from Peter in this thread and it was incredibly easy to do in under half an hour. I used a fish slice to prise up the existing oddments tray and a 10mm socket with extension.

In my opinion it makes the interior look more premium and feels lovely too. A bargain really.

Only thing that feels missing from this car are the parking sensors which I find a bit bemusing at this price level!
Did you fit the Seat one or aftermarket?