Arnold Clark Liverpool

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Bought my Leon from this dealer 2 months ago, driving past today I noticed that the showroom was empty. When I got home I phoned and was re directed to another Arnold Clark branch (Nissan) They told me that the Seat dealership had closed and that any warranty work would need to be carried out at Seat dealers in either Preston or Warrington. As the nearest of these is over 20 miles away I am not too pleased, has anyone got any experience of the Warrington Dealership (nearest of the two) ? Or can anyone recommend another Seat dealer for warranty work if needed, and an independent garage for routine service work? I live on Wirral. Thanks

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
I live in Newbury (190 miles from Warrington) and have had parts from them as they are so much better and cheaper than my local dealer!

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Hi,

Sent an email to Seat uk about the sudden demise of this dealership, they replied saying that they only knew about it at the last minute??? and that there where no plans to open another dealership in the area.

Also sent a compliant to Arnold Clarks, how pathetic is it that you spend £15k with a supplier two months ago and then they close the dealership down without even writing to customers to let them know? Totally crap customer service

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
lol - better off gone mate, bunch of cowboys @ Arnold Clark !!

Get your services done at Alex Lawrie Skoda in Liverpool (Best dealership I've EVER been to), and your warranty work done at IMG Warrington.

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
Hope to pop in and say hello. Not seen you in ages mate!

I've still not booked a test drive of the new Leon... just not had time :(

Goot :)

ALTEA

I personally dont think that its any great shame that arnold clarke have gone, I've lost count of how many bad reports i've heard about them.

robertb24

Mar 17, 2004
North West
I just noticed Arnold Clark had gone too, again not too bothered as they never did what I asked them to do when taking it in for service. My Leon is a company car and they seemed to not be bothered about it, I wonder if it would have been different if the car was my own ????

Anyone from IMG read these threads?

I want to know can you service my car which is a Lloydscar lease car?

Ta

Rob

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Bought my Leon from this dealer 2 months ago, driving past today I noticed that the showroom was empty. When I got home I phoned and was re directed to another Arnold Clark branch (Nissan) They told me that the Seat dealership had closed and that any warranty work would need to be carried out at Seat dealers in either Preston or Warrington. As the nearest of these is over 20 miles away I am not too pleased, has anyone got any experience of the Warrington Dealership (nearest of the two) ? Or can anyone recommend another Seat dealer for warranty work if needed, and an independent garage for routine service work? I live on Wirral. Thanks

Very similar story to mine cept I bought my Leon private, had a bit of warranty work done with Arnold Clark the first week as the mirrors stuck open. Told them about a dash rattle and called in 2 weeks later to find it shut down lol.

I wasn't even told about it when I was last in for a few spares about 10 days before, good job they weren't on order.

I have used IMG now and as above they seem to be an excellent dealer.
They are a smaller dealer but are very friendly and helpful.

cy

Hi – I’m a newbie to this forum but thought I’d throw my oar in! I’m a 52 reg Leon Cupra (not R) owner from the Chester area and I’ve got similar issues with ‘local’ dealers who seem to be dropping like flies, which is strange in the face of the trillions of SEAT adverts everywhere – where are people going to buy them from?! Anyway, bought mine from Runcorn (Picow Farm Road) and when they closed I went to Warrington for a while. I think some of the Runcorn staff ended up in Warrington and I found both dealerships to be efficient and helpful. However I work in Liverpool, and Wazza was not really convenient anymore so I started using Arnie Clark but suffered the same situation as rubble2. I booked Leon in for some work, duly sat in Mersey tunnel traffic to get there and found a new bathroom showroom in place of the SEAT dealership when I arrived! They’d only bl££din omitted to tell me when I telephoned and booked in, that the whole shebang had closed and moved to Arnie Clark Nissan on the other side of Liverpool!

Anyway, drove round to Nissan (just slightly annoyed) and they’ve been ok so far but it’s not ideal is it? And a head honcho at SEAT HQ should have had the decency to send letters to existing customers informing us of the closure.

Which brings me to my second point. I love driving the car and for the money, it’s an amazing amount of kit & spec but have I had problems with it??! Sure have – two failed ignition coils and now the same excess pollution light on the dash is telling me (well, it’s telling Arnie Clark Nissan) that I need a new engine temperature sensor. I know the coils have been reported elsewhere as a common problem, but I also had a mini-swimming pool under the carpet of the driver side footwell thanks to a leaking bulkhead and a further leak behind the fuse box. I don’t think these leaks match the commonly reported faults of either poorly fitted pollen filters or waxing up of drains under the door seals.

Maybe mine is just a Friday evening Leon they knocked together after a Friday afternoon siesta?!

Sorry for the rant guys (& girls), but it’s just a frustrating situation and I wanted to let off some steam! Thanks for reading!

cy

:doh:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Thankfully - mines never visited a dealer !!

CY - book it into Alex Lawrie Skoda for your services mate - a lot cheaper & class service :)

Speak to a guy called Garry Hughes, and mention my name - he'll sort you out

cy

Thanks for the advice. Won't be visiting Arnold Clark Nissan again!

cy

:clap: