Arona Sat Nav

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
My dad has just bought a 23 plate FR but it doesn't have the sat nav function on the infotainment screen. It appears all FR's have sat nav so it's a bit of a mystery why it isn't there, any ideas please?

Feb 11, 2024
Rayne, Essex
My dad has just bought a 23 plate FR but it doesn't have the sat nav function on the infotainment screen. It appears all FR's have sat nav so it's a bit of a mystery why it isn't there, any ideas please?
VW Group had so many problems in 2023 with satnav that some Arona models were built without Sat Nav n 2023 otherwise production would have come to a standstill- this may be one of them. Sat Nav’s are so poor across the VW Group anyway that the majority of customers use Apple CarPlay instead.

Reactions: Kinetic

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
VW Group had so many problems in 2023 with satnav that some Arona models were built without Sat Nav n 2023 otherwise production would have come to a standstill- this may be one of them. Sat Nav’s are so poor across the VW Group anyway that the majority of customers use Apple CarPlay instead.
Yes he uses Android Auto but pretty sure it was advertised with Sat Nav. I've told him to phone the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Tell

Staff member
Might just need activating by the dealer. Possibly they didn't do the pre delivery stuff. When the customer picks it up they take you through the functions.

Whilst I haven't got Mib3 which this should have the customer ID when used with the Seat app is your window to connected services so you should be able to see what's associated with the car. Reckon you might want to take a visit to the dealer with your dad to sort it out if you draw a blank with the phone call. Mib2 which mib3 replaced needed the navigation card put in the slot in the basic infotainment that 99% had, mib3 the maps are held on SSD and are downloaded over the air with connect service active. They might have allowed him to drive off without activating connect services. You don't want to go dark with connect services either since you won't get over the air updates. Connect services are free for the first year.

Reactions: Kinetic

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
Might just need activating by the dealer. Possibly they didn't do the pre delivery stuff. When the customer picks it up they take you through the functions.

Whilst I haven't got Mib3 which this should have the customer ID when used with the Seat app is your window to connected services so you should be able to see what's associated with the car. Reckon you might want to take a visit to the dealer with your dad to sort it out if you draw a blank with the phone call. Mib2 which mib3 replaced needed the navigation card put in the slot in the basic infotainment that 99% had, mib3 the maps are held on SSD and are downloaded over the air with connect service active. They might have allowed him to drive off without activating connect services. You don't want to go dark with connect services either since you won't get over the air updates. Connect services are free for the first year.
Went to a local Seat dealer rather than the one he bought the car from and they've confirmed it doesn't have SatNav. They were very helpful unlike the original dealer, so we'll call again to ask about Connect services, as this was also overlooked. Thanks.

Reactions: Tell
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise