Arosa engine options

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
I know I know...ur all thinking..."not again" but i've been round here a while now (currently own 3 SEATs! TDi Mk4 and CupraSport mk2 Ibiza) and I've just got hold of a mint R-reg Arosa 1.0.

My original plan for the CupraSport was to race and track it, but its too good for that (if anyone is interested it is in 'for sale'). So this Arosa has landed on my lap, and obviously a 1.0 isnt really that practical for my autotesting - and wouldnt be much fun on the track!!

I want to change the engine, but i dont want the 1.8T in as that would be too heavy. I've attempted to research about the 1.4 16v and the loop/Polo GTi's 1.6 16v as i feel that these will give the best power/weight ratio.

Can anyone shed some light on the mounting of these 2 engines? (the 1.4/1.6) are they a straight fit? - iv done lots of searching here and clublupo but there is so much conflicting information.

I hope that someone can help. I'm looking to get this project underway pretty quickly so any info would be greatly received! Thanks in advance!

JK

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
Ive no idea friend, sorry. All I can say is the 1.4 16v engine is FAST! ;)

Many people have talked on here about replacing the engine with a bigger one but never actually done it due to cost / complications.

If you go ahead with it, id like to see the results ;)

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
the GTi loop engine runs a hydraulic clutch so you would need to change your pedal box at the same time , the polo runs a cable clutch the same as the arosa . the engine mounting points are the same but remember you will have to change the wiring loom aswell to the one for the new engine .

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
1litrewonder... so it is do-able then...but with the Polo GTi engine/box/ECU/Wiring loom? Do i need the gearbox or will the 1.0 work?

Do you know if the 1.4 16v drops in too - or does this have a hyd. clutch too?

Sounds promising :) - your car looks awesome by the way!!

Do you know of anybody has put either of these engines in?

Thanks again
JK

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.