Arosa lowering help...

rew1

I havent found an arosa yet , but am thinking of getting a 60/40 kit has anyone got one on their mk1 arosa with 15 inch alloys on?

if so can you show me the pics so i know if it is going to be low enough at the back...

also iv heard rumours that different vw parts fit the arosa, soo... wil polo coilovers fit? if not what coilovers would as cheap as possible...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a Pi lowering kit on my MK1 Arosa and whilst its quite low at the front, its still quite highat the rear. I have 15" alloys with 195/45/15 tyres on and there is plenty of clearance for the wheels.

I would suggest is that once you have lowered you get your tracking, alignment and camber checked as there is a tendancy for the camber to toe in at the top on the front. I have been through 2 pairs of new front tyres in 18 months because of excess wear on the inside walls.

Coilovers will lower more and Im not sure if you still get the same camber issues - well, I havent heard of anyone having this problem with coilovers ?

Photo0101.jpg

ED38e.jpg

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
It still needs adjusting though ? I have recently had mine adjusted and was thinking about coilovers but, wondered would it need adjusting again afterwards. Dont suppose you have a link to the shop you got your coilovers from because thats just as cheap as a lowering kit !

Last edited:

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
It still needs adjusting though ? I have recently had mine adjusted and was thinking about coilovers but, wondered would it need adjusting again afterwards. Dont suppose you have a link to the shop you got your coilovers from because thats just as cheap as a lowering kit !
Yes it would because you would be replacing the shocks, Where these bolt to the hub carrier is where the adjustment is done for the camber.

2008_08020012.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.