Arosa Tdi S

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Hi Everyone, hope you all had a top xmas.

Just a quick ones really, the Arosa is mint, both are very pleased with it. we are averaging around 320-350 miles per tank, is this about right?

I suppose it will take some getting used to and try not to use the turbo as much and then get better fuel returns. Lots better than the Lupo tho.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
That sounds about right for everyday driving - obviously it will depend on your driving style, some TDi people get 400+, me in my 1.0 gets 250-280.

Remember you only have a little 35l tank, and the low fuel warning light will come on when you have about 5l left :)

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Sounds like your enjoying it :)

How does it compare to your old lupo sport in terms or performance?

Your miles to a tank is about right i think, i get around 320-350 from a tank ATM, but thats quite a lot of town driving which its not too keen on. Plus i usually fill up before the light comes on. On a longer drive its generally better, but i find they do vary alot on for somereason, some days it does well others not so well :confused:

Lunalupi, is your 250-280 miles driving well into the red light? if not thats pretty good going, my 1.0 is jucier than that!

Try working out your MPG and seeing what you get, im averaging around 55MPg right now, but as i say im doing quite a few short runs where the car never gets warmed through.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I get about 250 if I drive normally up to the light coming on (well, usually a touch longer while I find fuel). I can get 280 if I drive nice and carefully ;)

Got it down to 180 once! But we did have a lot of stuff on board....

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
performace wise, i would say the tdi feels loads more pokey, due to the higher torque i suppose. It feels gret low down in gears and pulls brilliantly from 1600-3500 revs.

Amys feels safer overtaking other cars to. Even tho the Lupo had more power, it didnt really feel that quick and i got bored fast driving that, but getting in the tdi is still fun.

Admittedly the interior is very slightly cheaper quality, but hardly noticable but looks smarter as its darker and has red dials and detailing etc.

How do i work out the mpg?

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Its interesting to know how it compares to the sport.

The way i work mine out is to:

1. Brim the tank to full and trip the trip recording, then when ever you need to fill up again brim it to full again
2. Use the litres that you put in (will be on your receipt) and divide the litres by 4.54 giving you gallons.
3. Divide the number of gallons by the amount of miles you did between fills and that will give you the MPG.

Hope that helps :)