ATA Setting in MFD

Cupranation

Aug 20, 2009
Warwickshire
What does it do? If you go into the settings menu followed by convenience menu there is a setting called ATA Confirm. You can set it to on or off, mine is set to on. Have tried changing it to off and doesn't seem to change anything as far as I can tell. Anyone know what its function is?

By the way the manual is totally useless when it comes to the MFD :headhurt:

Cupranation

Aug 20, 2009
Warwickshire
Thanks. Interesting then that when set to on it doesn't beep! Does anyone else have the ATA setting in the MFD by default or had someone been fiddling with VAGCOM on my car before I purchased it?

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
I get this ATA listing in my MFD also, mine was on from day one and no beep, also my old Mk2 FR TDI had it as well and it was always enabled and still no beep [:@]

Ah well I will have to look into this VAG Com Mallarky I think!!!

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
Hmm I got same prob on 1.9 stylance no sound if ata is on or off :think:

Anyway to enable it without a vagcom?

Maximus2000uk

I had mine enabled so it now beeps on locking. Very useful ive found

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
the function has to be enabled through vag com.

the noise abatement do gooders deemed all alarm 'beeps' unwelcome.
personally, being a shift worker, i agree. whilst the beep is re-assuring for the likes of stevie wonder, i can get by with a nice, silent flash of the indicators.

Maximus2000uk

Sorry for missing your earlier post Rebel!

I had mine enabled by vag.com and it took approximately 25-30 seconds for the box to be ticked! DanGB did mine so you're best bet might to email him on SCN and ask him as he is a pro with vag.com and I am a mere cheapass who didnt want to buy the full setup!

M

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
Alarm Bleep

Ah cheers for that

30 seconds :scary: how come dealers said 1 hour? dirty :censored:s

They really didn't know/want to do it

Will have a word with DanGB if hes near me.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Alarm chirps are technically illegal in the UK - noise pollution or some such nonsense - I guess this is why the option's disabled as default.

Not too sure why you'd need it though - are the flashing indicators not enough !?

:p

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
They really aint no, so many times vve gone back to check its locked, that was before the reassuring beep. its only a quiet beep though. Other car's ive heard are much louder.

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
They really aint no, so many times vve gone back to check its locked, that was before the reassuring beep. its only a quiet beep though. Other car's ive heard are much louder.

Ditto As what Dan said I think I lock the car and walk off only to fnd it didnt lock (keep forgetting to look at the flashers.)

What about cars that have the horn sound once when alarm is armed ?(ford)There much louder than a little chirp. My ford transit van sounds the horn TWICE its very loud and its a 58 plate.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Ditto As what Dan said I think I lock the car and walk off only to fnd it didnt lock (keep forgetting to look at the flashers.)

What about cars that have the horn sound once when alarm is armed ?(ford)There much louder than a little chirp. My ford transit van sounds the horn TWICE its very loud and its a 58 plate.

The transit's only sound the horn if you leave a door open, not as a matter of course.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.