Ateca ET50

keezy

Sep 7, 2022
Hello guys,

I'm thinking about buying 19" rims from Leon Cupra (5F0601025AC) which are ET50 for my Ateca. Most of the rims for Ateca are ET45, so I'm wondering whether putting ET50 rims on my Ateca will be okay or not. I would expect that this 5 mm difference will be no problem, but I just wanted to double-check if some of you have some experience with that.

Thanks!

Tell

Staff member
Is this thread any use

keezy

Sep 7, 2022
Yes, I've checked that thread, but since that's the exact opposite, I was looking for someone who has experience with putting ET50 on, since I'd be moving closer to suspension whether there are some clearance issues or not.

Reactions: Tell

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hello guys,

I'm thinking about buying 19" rims from Leon Cupra (5F0601025AC) which are ET50 for my Ateca. Most of the rims for Ateca are ET45, so I'm wondering whether putting ET50 rims on my Ateca will be okay or not. I would expect that this 5 mm difference will be no problem, but I just wanted to double-check if some of you have some experience with that.

Thanks!
The 20" Ateca wheels are ET40, so 10mm further out than the Leon wheel.
I would think it should fit - run your had around behind the wheel - to see if your fingers fit? but would question why you would want to - as it will make it look more under-tyred with the wheels tucked in more.

Reactions: keezy and Tell

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@keezy - Both the wheel width (the ‘J’ factor) and offset of the replacement alloys need to be taken into account when considering potential clearance and / or rubbing issues. Most genuine Seat alloys for the Ateca are either 7J ET45 or 7.5J ET45 and the Leon Cupra alloys are 8J ET50, so both of these factors will influence the change in stance and whether or not there’s a risk of clearance or tyre rubbing issues.

If you use the calculator on www.willtheyfit.com website (input the details of both your existing and proposed wheel / tyre set up) it will calculate the important numbers for you (e.g. change in the wheel’s poke and tuck, speedometer reading error, changes to ride height etc.). Don‘t forget to factor in the higher cost of the larger diameter, lower profile tyres for the 19” Leon Cupra alloys - assuming your existing alloys are smaller diameter than 19” - and be aware that with 19” alloys / lower profile tyres, your car’s ride quality will be noticeably firmer. It’s important to ensure the overall circumference of the larger alloys and lower profile tyres for the new wheel / tyre set up you‘re considering is the same as the circumference of your existing wheel / tyre set up to eliminate speedometer inaccuracies.

In the UK, fitting different alloys to those originally fitted to the car is considered to be a modification for insurance purposes, so it is necessary to inform your insurance company of the change, and they may charge an increased premium. The insurance implications may be different in your country - Norway(?) based on the flag in your forum signature - but I would recommend you check with your insurance company.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
@keezy - Both the wheel width (the ‘J’ factor) and offset of the replacement alloys need to be taken into account when considering potential clearance and / or rubbing issues. Most genuine Seat alloys for the Ateca are either 7J ET45 or 7.5J ET45 and the Leon Cupra alloys are 8J ET50, so both of these factors will influence the change in stance and whether or not there’s a risk of clearance or tyre rubbing issues.

The 19" Ateca wheels are also 8J so in this instance there is only the 5mm difference in offset to consider.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The 19" Ateca wheels are also 8J so in this instance there is only the 5mm difference in offset to consider.
Agree, if @keezy ‘s existing alloys are OEM 19” Ateca alloys they’ll be 8J. However, @keezy hasn’t said what diameter their existing alloys are. I’ve assumed - maybe incorrectly - that they’re considering upsizing their alloys from something smaller than a 19” alloy and if so, 17” and 18” OEM Ateca alloys are narrower than 8J, in which case both wheel width and offset will be factors when considering potential clearance issues.

keezy

Sep 7, 2022
Yes, I'm planning to upsize from my 18" 7J, but since we know that 19" 8J ET45 as an official option are okay with Ateca, I was comparing these 19" ET45 with ET50, since both are 8J.

In the UK, fitting different alloys to those originally fitted to the car is considered to be a modification for insurance purposes, so it is necessary to inform your insurance company of the change, and they may charge an increased premium. The insurance implications may be different in your country - Norway(?) based on the flag in your forum signature - but I would recommend you check with your insurance company.
I'm Slovak guy living 3/4 of the year in Norway. So I have Slovak registration and insurance. We can actually fit anything what was approved for the vehicle and is written in documents for the car. ET50 is, of course, not there, but the thing is, that the only thing they are looking at during vehicle inspection (your MOT) or after some accident is correct wheel diameter and tire size, nobody is looking at ET. So that is why I was even considering getting ET50.

But this got me thinking, that since I am most of the time out of the country in Norway, Poland, Sweden, whatever, I probably don't want to put unapproved rims on my car. I wanted to buy those ET50, because I found ones for very good price :D but it looks like it's not worth it.

So thank you all for your responses, it really helped me to decide, that I don't want to get those ET50. I will look for some 19" ET45 though, because I think, that 19" suits Ateca the best.

Since these are my options:
1707297865376.png

I need to stick with ET45 :)

So one more time, thank you guys for your input :) really appreciate it. (y)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.