Ateca Facelift Wireless charge pad

May 5, 2021
Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me the maximum phone size that would fit in the wireless phone charger within the latest Cupra Ateca.

I have my Ateca on order and wondered if anyone could measure, or knew. Mostly interested in width, as I don't think height of the phone will be a prob.

Cheers.

Jam986

Feb 26, 2021
iPhone 12 Pro Max is slightly too long. Will still charge but on a longer journey gets too hot and it shuts down.

Jam986

Feb 26, 2021
I think any case makes the overheating worse, as it insulates the phone somewhat.
Absolutely, anything on the phone will hamper heat loss through its back and sides. However, the phone doesn't overheat on other wireless chargers. I would assume that fact that the phone is slightly too long for the charger (resulting in a slightly increased offset between the back of the phone and the mat). Who knows, ultimately, gets hot, shuts down, annoys driver who puts phone in cup holder to cool off, and the cycle repeats. :)

May 5, 2021
Thanks for everyone's responses.
What I concluded from this is:
- Phone will probably overheat anyway.
- Phone will definitely fit
- Doubtful wireless Android Auto and wireless changing will work for longer journeys 😁

Sep 16, 2021
We found that the phone gets really hot and it is pretty slow at charging it anyway. We've got some USB-C cables which will use instead, suggest you do the same.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise