Pixel 7 Pro won't charge wirelessly

Sep 2, 2023
My Google Pixel 7 Pro won't charge using the wireless charging pad. My previous phone (Pixel 6 Pro) was ok.
I have replaced phone has been replaced and although the both worked in another car (wife's Volvo), neither worked in my Formentor. Other phones (iPhones, Samsungs) etc. all work in my car.
So why won't these Pixel 7 Pro phones work using the wirelss pad.

Last edited:

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Have you got a case on? If other phones are charging, but the Pixels aren’t, it must be an issue on the phones’ side, not the charger 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sep 2, 2023
Have you got a case on? If other phones are charging, but the Pixels aren’t, it must be an issue on the phones’ side, not the charger 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thanks for the reply.
No cases. Indeed, other phones charge in my car, including my Pixel 6 Pro, so the wireless charger in the Cupra appears to function.
However, both the original Pixel 7 Pro and the replacement do not work in my Cupra Formentor, but do work in my wife's Volvo., which sounds like a compatibility issue between the Pixel 7 Pro an d the car. Very strange!

Dominus

Apr 9, 2023
Had a 6 hour drive to Scotland in September and on the way back I made a discovery with the wireless charging pad. I found it to be intermittent, I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max with a hefty case. I found that placing my phone along the right edge of the charging pad (as far as it will go) works perfectly every time. I didn't believe it at first but it works on my phone.

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
I've had a Samsung S21, and now got a Pixel 8 Pro, I've noticed neither charge well on the pad, a 3hr drive with the S21 while connected to Android Auto playing Spotify, the phone charged about 3% the entire journey, and the phone was really hot when I took it off the pad.

A friends son tried the charging pad with his iPhone, it charged 20% in 10 mins.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.