Ateca Rear View Camera Pinout needed

Tango17

Mar 11, 2018
Hi Hec17,
You can follow the instructions in a VW Scirocco forum thread, this is what I used.

Do a search on the vwroc.com forum for “activate-rear-view-camera-obdeleven-coding”
I’m not allowed to post a url on this site yet :-(

The important thing to remember is to code the rear view camera in both Parking Assistance and MIB.
It’s explained clearly in that thread.

Hec17

Mar 29, 2018
Hi Hec17,
You can follow the instructions in a VW Scirocco forum thread, this is what I used.

Do a search on the vwroc.com forum for “activate-rear-view-camera-obdeleven-coding”
I’m not allowed to post a url on this site yet :-(

The important thing to remember is to code the rear view camera in both Parking Assistance and MIB.
It’s explained clearly in that thread.

Hi Tango17,
Thanks for that, I'll have a look later. Stupid question, what is MIB? I'm sure it's not Men In Black. :D

Have you remove your head unit? Any tip on what you remove first? If I am not mistaken, The OBDeleven works with an Android phone, right? Is there any particular app to use to dwell with the Ateca? Cheers :)

Tango17

Mar 11, 2018
MIB is the headunit in the glovebox.
There’s lots of guides online for removing the radio, it’s the same as the Seat Leon, VW Golf Mk7 and Skoda Octavia. Check on YouTube too.
Do you have the OBDEleven tool? You need this to do the coding over a Bluetooth connection.
The app only works on android phones or tablets and you have to have a data connection or WiFi as it connects with their servers. Again, there’s lots of guides how to use it online.
I managed to get a cheap rear view camera working but still can’t get my genuine camera working

Tell

Staff member
You have to put VW in front of your Mib2 Google's else you end up in the wrong place... the Ateca is Mib2. VW Golf 7 mk 7 was the first one from memory so VCDS configuration have a good chance of working but then the compont parts may be different. You have a bus between the component parts they are all programmed. These are the modules. Each module has a string in it and your programming tool VCDS / Obdeleven changes that string. That makes component parts of the car work differently to how it's shipped but then the components are designed to work like that. Unlocks different aspects. Unlocks different menus. Turns on traffic recognition if you have the cameras up there but didn't pay for that facility. Can turn off stop start. Etc etc. That's how manufacturers build modern cars by turning on and off and the behaviour of components. So the programming is in the car just the way it works is configured by model and accessories. These components are "common" to the VAG group. Hence you can eye a mod in one and look for it in the Ateca.

The Ateca ones I've got here, but a candidate is the camera on this thread above.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438134

The German Ateca and Spanish Ateca Seat Club have some additional ones. They dont have turning on wifi client in Mib2 High (Plus). They didn't have the panoramic roof central closing (the one disabled after an accident in the States on B8), till they borrowed it. I borrowed some Spanish ones but credit them. Knowing some German helps since some of the commands / scripts are in German in these tools.

Some people get in a hot sweet about it and if you don't own the car, if your route to obtain it was lease or PCP you may wish to think twice or run a campaign to get hot and bothered about it and thump the table as some do about modding a car. But if you like to configure the car it's well worth investing the time. You can also read out the car's error reports to understand if anything is going on that you need to know about. From mine I gleaned the garage had never cleared the error reports before delivery and sold me a car with the drivers heated mirror circuit open. It explained a lot about why the heated mirror wasn't working. :). Useful when I went back, I alluded to the fact that I'd read the error.

Trusty DV52 across the net provides good introductory information, the thread below is a veritable resource on the Golf Mk7 VCDS. DV52 is also a moderator on the Obdeleven board as well.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html?

Last edited:

Hec17

Mar 29, 2018
Thanks Tell for all the links, I guess I got a bit of reading up before I start messing with it.

Tango17, I don't have an OBDeleven yet. Started looking last night and got all muddle up as there are two models of OBD11 as you know, the basic and the pro.

Read somewhere on audiworld.com forum (thread title) "Warning! If you're buying the OBDEleven, do not buy the PRO version", that the pro is same tool as the basic which can be upgraded to the pro by purchasing it within the APP through the Google Play store.

Then of cause there is the price difference. Starts at £35 to £100+. WTH... all I want is just get the rear camera working for crying out loud. :D

BTW could your genuine camera be powered at a different voltage? Some car manufacturers may have cameras that works on different voltage to stop people like you & me to stick any 12V camera on. If you have a variable DC power supply, you can start at 6V and slowly crank it up until it comes on. Will be interesting if this is the case.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I'll answer the question on the Obdeleven, you need the Pro version that operates like other programmers, the non Pro is reliant on only using the apps which are limited and based on a micro payment model. It's just confusing. Some of the apps don't work in any case. They are macros which run the code.

You need an Android device with wifi or 4g running Android 5 or above with Bluetooth. 6 or 7 are fine. It uses the servers back in East Europe to deliver up the commands so you need a link back up to the net. Hence a wifi link out to the car or an internet mobile connection. The dongle is connected via Bluetooth to the Androud device. The other programming solutions work out more expensive even if you buy a cheap Android tablet although its said they are more flexible. The Android solution means you can have it with you on holiday etc rather than lug a laptop / netbook. (You could probably do it with a Kodi box with the app side loaded and the car on the drive.. although not sensible :rofl:).

I got mine direct from Obdeleven in East Europe by post so there is a delay in getting it. I bought the more expensive ring pull one. You don't need it, it's easy enough to pull in and out without looking once you know where the slot is under the dash. You don't need an extension, just the device with the Pro configuration, keep mine if a jiffy bag in the glove box.

Basic device

https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-obdeleven-device.html

Pro add-on

https://obdeleven.com/en/home/11-pro-pack.html

About £56-85 combined

I bought mine in their Xmas sale 2016... you never know they might have an Easter sale.

You might get it quicker off Amazon or a different price but if shipped from Slovenia or is it Slovakia... Will take the same time.

There are a couple of good Obdeleven videos by resellers in the US and Australia which are worth checking out on YouTube.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=o...x-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=2CS-WsK-A6fP8AfAzoHICQ

Last edited:

Hec17

Mar 29, 2018
Hi Tell, thanks for that. Things are getting clearer now. What exactly is in the PRO pack? or is that just a picture on their website showing you a virtual box.

Tell

Staff member
Hec17. It's just a software key you type in then it unlocks the Pro side of it.

Basically the company runs with two markets, the novice one with the micro payment apps or the Pro one that costs you nothing after after you have bought the Pro option. The Pro is equivalent to other devices, non Pro isn't. Nearly equivalent some would say, but cheap.

You can download the app from the Play store as "obdeleven pro", picking off the blue icon, version v0.9.3.1 at the minute. It's that app with the dongle configured with the Pro password in, is the one you use. You can poke about in it, loading cars into the garage. If you order the dongle, delete the app and re load. That's what I did between ordering the dongle and getting it. You'll see the micro payment apps, but the rest is easy enough.... sort off. The dongle and the software can only work together... people ask that question.

Last edited:

Hec17

Mar 29, 2018
Cheers Tell, I will get the dongle and the pro pack as suggested. Both items + p&p came up to £61 from OBDeleven.com and seems to be cheaper than any where else online. There's no mention of any sales, thought I'll wait till after Easter to see if there is one. If not, I'll just get it.

Tell

Staff member
I was a bit tongue in cheek about the sale... I did get mine in a Xmas sale from them direct... that's how the German Ateca site were getting there, I took my cue from them. It takes a couple of weeks to arrive in a small jiffi pack with a scrap of paper that's got the unlock Pro key in it. As all passwords you treasure the details you set up, when setting it up. I'm sure you wont regret it. Handy useful device and software.

Hec17

Mar 29, 2018
LOL.. well one can only hope there is an Easter sale ... :D it's only a couple of days away. If there isn't one, it's still the best price out there. Cheapest on ebay is £46 not including the pro pack.

olliechambers1

Jan 2, 2018
Lancashire/Berkshire
FYI, there is a 10% discount code on OBDelevens Facebook page at the moment. I bought the device and PRO unlock code for about £55 all in!

The PRO code was emailed to me right away, and the device took about a week to get to me I think.

Hec17

Mar 29, 2018
FYI, there is a 10% discount code on OBDelevens Facebook page at the moment. I bought the device and PRO unlock code for about £55 all in!

The PRO code was emailed to me right away, and the device took about a week to get to me I think.

Thanks for that Ollie I'll have a look. Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.