Attending a Trackday?

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Morning all, got a couple of bookings made now myself, will update this post as and when, come join the fun!

4th April - Brands Hatch - Evening - OpenTrack
24th March - Snetterton - Day - Javelin

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Just a random thought because of something I spotted, Brembo themselves recommend grooved discs for the track and leaving drilled discs for the street. It sounds counter-intuitive but drilled discs are prone to cracking around the holes and street cars don't generally get the brakes as hot as tracking your car does.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Morning all, got a couple of bookings made now myself, will update this post as and when, come join the fun!

4th April - Brands Hatch - Evening - OpenTrack
24th March - Snetterton - Day - Javelin

Two top tracks.
Loved Snetterton, learned it on a sim first.
I’ll see what I can do to come along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vwtrev

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
Some jammy **** has won a track day car on an internet comp :D:D:D
kLmomSA.jpg

AndyTrack

Apr 19, 2022
Uttoxeter
Ey up fellow trackers.
New to the forum, acquired a Leon Mk1 that was track ready apart from a cage, for a very reasonable fee.
It went to have a cage fitted after it was picked up, spent a week on the drive and then off to Cadwell we went.
Had a great day at Cadwell, a proper old fashioned technical circuit, a real challenge.
Anyways, I've got an evening at Donnington booked on May 3rd and a full day at Mallory May 13th (a Friday :eek:).
Is anybody else booked these days?
Hope to see some of you on a track soon.
XSP_3583.JPG

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Ey up fellow trackers.
New to the forum, acquired a Leon Mk1 that was track ready apart from a cage, for a very reasonable fee.
It went to have a cage fitted after it was picked up, spent a week on the drive and then off to Cadwell we went.
Had a great day at Cadwell, a proper old fashioned technical circuit, a real challenge.
Anyways, I've got an evening at Donnington booked on May 3rd and a full day at Mallory May 13th (a Friday :eek:).
Is anybody else booked these days?
Hope to see some of you on a track soon.
Welcome aboard! That's a pretty tidy looking car you got there. I'm guessing your not new to trackday's?

Just watched BTCC at Donny today and must get up there sometime (never been), have fun looks mega (car and track :) ). Be nice to see the spec. of the old wagon. Seems you picked up a bargain.

Reactions: Manic172

AndyTrack

Apr 19, 2022
Uttoxeter
Welcome aboard! That's a pretty tidy looking car you got there. I'm guessing your not new to trackday's?

Just watched BTCC at Donny today and must get up there sometime (never been), have fun looks mega (car and track :) ). Be nice to see the spec. of the old wagon. Seems you picked up a bargain.
Donno is ace.
As for the spec I’m not too sure myself. Engine wise it’s pretty standard apart from intercooler , induction and exhaust.
Id say about 225 horses.
one nice mod on it is the rear anti roll bar😉. Suspension is well sorted enough for an old codger like me.

Reactions: vwtrev and Sparkie

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Donno is ace.
As for the spec I’m not too sure myself. Engine wise it’s pretty standard apart from intercooler , induction and exhaust.
Id say about 225 horses.
one nice mod on it is the rear anti roll bar😉. Suspension is well sorted enough for an old codger like me.
Hi, for someone to put an intercooler and exhaust on I'd expect it's been remapped :) otherwise would wonder why not be getting the most out of it. A remap is great on these cars / engines.

Old codger lol, your probably younger than me, I'm 49! and I love how hard the suspension, bushes & ARBs are, but I do have a padded racing seat in mine ;).

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Hi, for someone to put an intercooler and exhaust on I'd expect it's been remapped :) otherwise would wonder why not be getting the most out of it. A remap is great on these cars / engines.

Old codger lol, your probably younger than me, I'm 49! and I love how hard the suspension, bushes & ARBs are, but I do have a padded racing seat in mine ;).

Thank god some one is older than me.... I thought I was pushing it at 42 on a forum.... all these youngsters with thier arse hanging out thier jeans and thier man bag .

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net

Donny is great fun down the crainers (or how ever its spelt). In the old saxo it was 3 threw red gate then up to 4th down hill sliding side to side haha... tuck to the left for the old hair pin taking as much kurb and grass as you can... can't wait to get the leon there....

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
Thank god some one is older than me.... I thought I was pushing it at 42 on a forum.... all these youngsters with thier arse hanging out thier jeans and thier man

Thank god some one is older than me.... I thought I was pushing it at 42 on a forum.... all these youngsters with thier arse hanging out thier jeans and thier man bag .
Growing old is compulsory, growing up isn't lol, says the man knocking on the door of 60 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: vwtrev and Manic172

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Growing old is compulsory, growing up isn't lol, says the man knocking on the door of 60

Welcome to the posse.
Car looks good.
Fully strippped. Nice and light.
Hope to see you out on track one day.
Plenty of us here seem to be “ middle age” !!

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: vwtrev and Manic172
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.