Audi S3 Coolant and Battery Covers

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
Will these fit a MK1 LCR?

I've just acquired both as a package with brackets and fixings. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the coolant cover is almost "plug and play" but I'm unsure on battery cover.

I'm looking to have these sprayed body colour and don't want to do both if only one will fit!

All replies welcome please guys.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
need a s3 bigger washer bottle and there is a different frame that sits around the battery

DSC_0108.JPG

i didnt fit the s3 bottle, i just cut the cover.

I did fit the battery frame, as you need it.

Last edited:

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
Thanks for that john_tdi.

I've sourced an S3 battery box and know of an S3 washer bottle. My next issue (!) is that I'm hearing that to get the washer bottle off an S3 involves removing the front bumper as some locating bolts are under the headlight. Does anyone know if fitting the S3 bottle to a Leon also involves removing the Leon's front bumper?

This is turning into a bigger job than first expected!

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You dont need to remove the front bumper but it is a pig of a job changing the bottle, you will need to extend the wires and water pipe as the pump is in a different place to the OEM one.

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
the pump is in a different place to the OEM one.

So does this mean that I need to get the S3 pump and wiring connector along with the washer bottle or are the Leon ones swappable?

I don't mind having to extend wiring and pipework and from looking on here it appears the Leon bottle is only held on with 2 nuts / bolts?

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
^^^ Brilliant; thanks for the info!

S3 Coolant Bottle, Pump and wiring connector all
sourced and on their way to me along with an S3 battery box.

I originally thought this would be a half hour job; LOL

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The coolant bottle is at the top in the normal place, I couldnt be bothered with the greif of fitting the bigger washer bottle so I stuck with the normal one and smoothed the opening over

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
Ah now that makes sense!

How bad is the S3 bottle swap? As before, don't mind extending cables / outlet pipes etc but is actual removal / changeover a ball ache?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
It was a pain in the arse to swap, annoyingly it was only after I get it in that I realised that the pipe and wires needed to be extended, I didnt have the any wire around at the time so I ended up swapping it back over, I never did put the bigger one back in

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.