AUQ engine & BAM engine

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
Can anyone tell me if my AUQ block and head can be replaced with a BAM block and head. My engine is dying (oil pump), and I have the opportunity of a BAM. Obviously my inlet, turbo, exhaust etc will all be swapped over.. but

Can this be done??

Thanks for help,
James

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
Does anyone know for sure, really need to know asap. Garage thats fitting engine is worried about secondary air systems and my AUQ parts not fully fitting?

Thanks

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Just dont fit the secondary air, i have removed mine as have some other people, the BAM engine has not got the parts required for it, all you need to do is put a resistor a cross the plug to stop any codes or lights. all the Auq parts will transplant on to the Bam block and head.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
why would you want to bypass it? if its a block change your doing you just change the block and fit all old parts to new block,

He's doing block and head.
The BAM engine does not have the secondary air that the AUQ has, all you need to do is put a resistor across the plug for the secondary air, you dont need to worry about blanking anything off as that part is not on the BAM engine.

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
glad you guys know your stuff looks like i'll be going ahead with it. Oil stop went on mine so its either fit new crank and bearings or just fit used bam block. Outta interest whats difference internally between the two?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Lower compression on the BAM over the AUQ, this will have an impact on the engine perfomance (fine if upping the spec).

AMK to BAM would be fine, its the same anyhow.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.