AURA radio won't relocate!!

jogo78

At the weekend i fitted a Parrot Ck3100 to my Leon, and it all went really well, it only took about 20mins and in total I only had to remove 4 screws and two of those were to remove the cd changer, my brother was really surprised at how simple it was considering his new Mondeo was a right pain to fit his Parrot into..

Anyway the Parrot is all good but when i tried to push the AURA back into place it doesn't click in, i've checked the wires and i'm sure its not those stopping it as the stereo pushes right back into position in the dash but it just won't locate and lock into place.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
At the weekend i fitted a Parrot Ck3100 to my Leon, and it all went really well, it only took about 20mins and in total I only had to remove 4 screws and two of those were to remove the cd changer, my brother was really surprised at how simple it was considering his new Mondeo was a right pain to fit his Parrot into..

Anyway the Parrot is all good but when i tried to push the AURA back into place it doesn't click in, i've checked the wires and i'm sure its not those stopping it as the stereo pushes right back into position in the dash but it just won't locate and lock into place.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

When you put the keys in to remove the stereo, do you then have to then manually release the catches on the side of the head unit before reinserted it do you? Either that or check you haven't bent the pins.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
mine doesn't go fully in, the left pops back out but I do have the parrot wiring/control boxes and a T loom for my CDC/AUX input behind there lol

jogo78

Problem solved!

When i removed the stereo, the metal catches on either side somehow got stuck 'in' so a quick bit of bending outwards with some pliers and it clicked back into place just like it had never been out at all.

Cheers Warren for the suggestion, I don't know why I never tried that first of all, lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.