Auto dimming lights and wing mirror dipping in reverse

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
I have a cupra 290 Black ed....a couple of questions if I may, are the headlamps meant to dip from fall beam automatically?

And the second question is, are the wing mirrors meant to dip when reversing even with the rear camera installed?

Thanks in advance!

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
1. I assume you mean high beam assist - yes if you have this option on your car, it isn't standard.

2. Yes (mirror position into L) and only the passenger mirror will do it.

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
Thanks for the quick response, I never ordered the option of high beam assist but looking through the settings it gives options for the sensitivity for the light assist.
With regards to the wing mirrors, I noticed it did it once before but didn't realise I had to leave it to the L setting but I do now!

Thanks again

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Thanks for the quick response, I never ordered the option of high beam assist but looking through the settings it gives options for the sensitivity for the light assist.
With regards to the wing mirrors, I noticed it did it once before but didn't realise I had to leave it to the L setting but I do now!

Thanks again

are you looking at the sensitivity setting for when the lights turn on?
And don't forget , turning the mirror knob to L will stop the heated bit working. It appears you can't have both at the same time on a VAG car...

Last edited:

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
Lol not very well thought out then!

Yes about the light part too...was playing around with it but not really sure what that's for!

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
I am pretty sure the wing mirror is very temperamental when it comes to deciding whether or not it wants to dip in reverse!

Deleted member 103408

Clifftoff I have a 280 and so far been impressed with the reversing mirror (when in L) but (and i dont know if its the same on the 290) there is a tick box in the settings that turns it on and off so you might want to double check its set correctly if its not working at all.

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
I am pretty sure the wing mirror is very temperamental when it comes to deciding whether or not it wants to dip in reverse!

works every time for me. activate the option in the car menu and then turn the mirror control nob to L if its a r hand drive car and it will dip. once dipped adjust to the desired position and the position will be remembered

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
so is it still not working even after following the steps which I've mentioned ? if not then trip to the stealers to get it sorted

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.