New owner of 2019 2.0 TSI Estate Xcellence Lux - few questions

buffeh

Sep 14, 2023
Hi,

Just bought a second hand 2019 2.0 Lux Xcellence estate and I love it. But I do have a couple of questions. I'm not opposed to tweaking my car using ODBEleven or whatever, but there are a couple of things I am wondering about.

- I know you can use ODBEleven to make the mirror(s?) dip when reversing. However in my vehicle settings under mirrors clear as day (next to the options like "fold in mirrors when locking car" the setting "dip mirrors when reversing" already exists and is clearly ticked. However no such dipping occurs when I reverse. Why not!? The option is right there and enabled and the car is unaltered from factory settings! Surely it shouldn't be there if the car can't / doesn't do it!?

- Whenever start stop enables / disables a status message appears on top of the infotainment display. To be clear, this isn't an error message. It's just telling me that start / stop has triggered or whatever. Which is pointless and annoying, it dims the display and irritates me. I have seen this asked before and it was suggested the message can be disabled in vehicle settings but I've tried deselecting the "start stop info" button under vehicle status settings and it still appears. I don't want to disable start stop, I just want to get rid of those messages and I'm not opposed to using ODBEleven to do so. However the guides all seem to be about disabling start stop entirely in ODBEleven, I just want the messages to go away.

I think that's it for now, many thanks in advance for any help!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Hi,
Unsure on the start stop issue but on mine I have to set the mirror adjuster to L for it to dip when reversing. To turn the function off just set it to off.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Yep, the door switch selector has to be in the 'passenger' mirror position to get the mirror dip (and it is only the passenger door mirror that dips, not the driver side)

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
As @yorkshire_bob has said, the mirror adjustment control on the driver’s door needs to be set; to ‘L’ for right hand drive cars and ‘R’ for left hand drive cars for the kerbside mirror to dip when reversing.

The mirror’s angle of tilt when reversing was probably set up to suit the previous owner. You can reset it to suit your own requirements and store the settings so it ‘remembers’ how much to dip the nearside mirror when you select reverse - see screen shot below from the Nov 2018 edition of the Leon Owner’s Manual;

IMG_0315.png

buffeh

Sep 14, 2023
As @yorkshire_bob has said, the mirror adjustment control on the driver’s door needs to be set; to ‘L’ for right hand drive cars and ‘R’ for left hand drive cars for the kerbside mirror to dip when reversing.

The mirror’s angle of tilt when reversing was probably set up to suit the previous owner. You can reset it to suit your own requirements and store the settings so it ‘remembers’ how much to dip the nearside mirror when you select reverse - see screen shot below from the Nov 2018 edition of the Leon Owner’s Manual;

View attachment 38304
Thanks that's great, I remember that page but I must have skimmed over the bit where you need to set it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.