Auto-dimming screen annoyance

kingmonkey

Apr 1, 2017
I have a MK3 Leon FR (16 plate) and one thing that really bugs me is the infotainment display auto-dimming or brightening depending on the outside light conditions. I just want it to remain fixed on a certain brightness but I can't find any option in the menus that allows the control of this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Deleted member 103408

mattb82 any idea what the coding is please.

mattb82

Aug 13, 2016
Tamworth
theoldboy, it's an adaptation.

Control Unit - (17) Dash board
Illumination algorithm - Scale_switching_algorithm
Old value - parking_light
New value - lds

Deleted member 98136

theoldboy, it's an adaptation.

New value - lds
Not to sure whether this mod applies to a facelift version or not , has anyone got this to work on a facelift ?
Thank you.

Deleted member 98136

Not to sure whether this mod applies to a facelift version or not , has anyone got this to work on a facelift ?
Thank you.
Further update - This adaption doesn't appear in OBD eleven apps under 17 Dash Board for my car, so I presume that mattb82 found this for his vehicle which was a prefacelift leon. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 98136

Good news,
Appears that I was looking for this modification in the wrong section ( not under apps BUT applications ) so I have now managed to get the dashlights on when the lighting switch is in the side light / parking light position but not in the off position, but I'm happy enough with that, although my previous prefacelift used to come on as soon as the ignition was switched on with the Drls and Scandy rear lights

Its the #6 post in this thread

New value - lds

My car does not have auto lights, so I don't know how that would affect this mod.

Thanks to mattb82 for this mod

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Good news,
Appears that I was looking for this modification in the wrong section ( not under apps BUT applications ) so I have now managed to get the dashlights on when the lighting switch is in the side light / parking light position but not in the off position, but I'm happy enough with that, although my previous prefacelift used to come on as soon as the ignition was switched on with the Drls and Scandy rear lights

Its the #6 post in this thread

New value - lds

My car does not have auto lights, so I don't know how that would affect this mod.

Thanks to mattb82 for this mod
When auto lights are fitted the instrument lights don't dim. They only dim to make you aware that it's dark enough to need lights on, with auto lights this obviously automatically happens therefore no dimming required.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk