Autobrite Training Day (Car Detailing)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Morning All,

I'm looking at organising a trip to the Autobrite centre (The Autobrite Car Care Centre in Fenton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire) for a group of us to learn how to clean your car properly (according to them anyway lol)

As you know Cleaning my car is quite a big thing for me so i'm quite interested to see what they do (what I do wrong).

After emailing their training guy he suggested we can do the following things if time allows it so i'd be open to ideas on what is more needed for people...

Wheel cleaning

Exterior pre washes inc snowfoam

Effective degreasing and protection of shuts and engine bay.

Safe 2 bucket wash technique

Rinse aids and spray and rinse sealants

Exterior decontamination - removal of industrial fallout, tar and embeded contaminants using clay bar.

Assesment of paint defects/types

Measuring paint depth

Types of machine polishes, compounds and pads.

Use of dual action and rotary machine polishers

Hand polishes, sealants and waxes

Exterior dressings

Effective glass cleaning and sealing

Interior cleaning, wet vac, leather cleaning and conditioning.

Now for the day and a group of people it's around £100 per person which you get a group of people and 2 trainers, you'll get hands on yourself instead of just watching and a lovely certificate at the end lol

If you wish (like me) might get some 1 - 1 stuff on a 2nd day to get things nailed down if people wanted to join in a smaller group on specific tasks.

Their tuition page can be found here - https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/valeting-detailing-tuition

Would anyone be interested in this sort of thing?

Mainly looking at @Legojon haha also @theoldboy @paddy6789 @Syphon @Maypack @DarrenAnthony @Teaaaph (just a had a quick look through a few detailing threads) there maybe loads more that i've forgotten and I apologise profusely.

They also do a back to basics option for £50 per person which does the basics believe it or not (2 bucket rule etc) haha

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've arranged the list based on what my preferences would be. But I accept that maybe machine polishing would have to be taken out and done seperately.

Stuff I really want to learn:
Wheel cleaning
Exterior decontamination - removal of industrial fallout, tar and embeded contaminants using clay bar.

Measuring paint depth
Types of machine polishes, compounds and pads.
Use of dual action and rotary machine polishers
[Assesment of paint defects/types] - I assume this is necessary for at least one of the above

Stuff if there's time left over:
Exterior dressings

Stuff I'm not really interested in, but would take one for the team:

Rinse aids and spray and rinse sealants
Exterior pre washes inc snowfoam
Safe 2 bucket wash technique
Interior cleaning, wet vac, leather cleaning and conditioning.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I could be up for this. It all depends when it is. Any dates planned yet? Mid-week or Weekend?
No dates, I assume go with what's better for people and what they have... Just wanted to get numbers first...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Count me in but it’s dependent on what date is picked.

I'll try n make what the majority want. But ye, week or weekend makes a big difference. Eg, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday for me are awkward.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Forgot to ask... is there a minimum number required for it to go ahead?

Deleted member 103408

Sorry missed this one, Yes would be very happy to come along to this, Bad days for me are Tuesday and Thursday any other (subject to notice) is fine with me.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ok so I think it's just going to be 5 of us.

Is there anyone that would want to do the basics of washing or maybe if people put their top 3 things from the list above and we work a list from that and i'll go back to them and see what they can do.

@paddy6789 @theoldboy @Legojon @Maypack

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ok so I think it's just going to be 5 of us.

Is there anyone that would want to do the basics of washing or maybe if people put their top 3 things from the list above and we work a list from that and i'll go back to them and see what they can do.

Cosy. Nope, not interested in the basics.

Hmmm, top 3... I need 4 LOL:
Exterior decontamination - removal of industrial fallout, tar and embeded contaminants using clay bar
Wheel cleaning

I think realistically... it may be worth doing a cleaning day... then at some point in the future doing a machine polishing day if anyones interested.

Deleted member 103408

For me

Safe 2 bucket wash technique - as I am new to all of this.
Wheel cleaning

and if we have time

Exterior decontamination - removal of industrial fallout, tar and embeded contaminants using clay bar

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ok lets go with 4 lol (always one :p)

But i'm open to anything as i'm pretty sure i'll end up been shown the proper way instead of my way haha

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Ok lets go with 4 lol (always one )

But i'm open to anything as i'm pretty sure i'll end up been shown the proper way instead of my way haha

Only two I’m not too bothered about is Degreasing and protection of shuts and enginebay. / Paint correction.

I’d go with @theoldboy with a refresh on best two bucket method and wheel cleaning/sealing.

I think we need to be brought up to Blue Mk2 Cupra cleaning standards lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.