Autowindow reflex & 2.0 TDI Sport

front seat driv

Hello all. I have searched and read what I can find on this topic but still need a few answers.

I have had some conflicting info from different dealerships about whether it is possible to program my ECU so that I can open/close the windows and fold/unfold the mirrors on my 2006 (55 plate) 2.0 TDI Sport remotely. Both operations can be performed using the relevant switches from inside the car.

One dealership says "yes" and it takes about an hour. The dealership that I bought it from says "no" - the ECU is different so cannot take the commands.

I have made the decision that it would probably be better to buy the Autowindow Reflex and fit that to get the desired functionality on my remote control, and £70 plus postage doesn't seem unreasonable - my concerns are;

1. Has anyone fitted this device to a similar model car recently and got the promissed results?

2. Will fitting the box affect the warranty in any way?

3. I've taken a look at an extremely well documented installation guide, with clear photos, that I found right here on this site (thanks willcooke) and I am terrified. There is no way that I could undertake a job like that - as satisfying as it must be to DIY. Would the dealership fit for me, or should I find a competent local auto elcetrician? (I live in Esher, Surrey if anyone knows one).

4. Lastly, for now, perhaps someone out there knows for sure, or can tell me where to find out for definite, can the ECU be programmed on this model?

Cheers
The Front Seat Driver

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
So are you saying if you push and hold down the lock button when you lock your car, it does not put the windows up and fold the mirror in?

I'm pretty sure a couple of changes using vag-com should sort that out.

front seat driv

Hello Tam

Neither of the operations currently work from the remote.

Vag-Com? I'm afraid I've only been a SEAT owner for a month (previously BMW) and I've only been aware of this site for a couple of weeks so I don't know what you're refering to.

I plan to have a good read-up on such things but I have no flair for manual things and am reluctant to undertake DIY on a car that is still under warranty for fear of invalidating it.

If it's really simple then I'm all ears tho'

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I've no experiance of doing this, but....

vag-com is the software which you use to plug into the ecu of your car. From here you can control many things.

On of the things you should be able to do is change the settings so that you can fold in your mirrors and put the windows up.

To do this requires someone with vag-com plugging themselves into your car. Now ideally this could be your dealer, or someone in your area who's willing to meet up with you to try it.

According to this post it is possible.

Check out the vag-com section on this web-site see what they think.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise