Aux or CD Changer

waller76

Hi

Picked up my 57 plate TFSI FR (candy white) Monday and i'm having touble getting my iPod to work through the Aux socket.

I have just spent an hour searching for the answer on the forum but with no success!

I have tried plugging it in to the AUX socket on the centre console with the suggested 3.5mm jack plug then pressing the CD/AUX button on the dash but it just flashes up 'no CD found in changer' (or something similar).

Is the problem occuring because i have a CD Changer connected, does this make the AUX socket redundant.

If anybody has the answer please let me know!!!

Many Thanks

Waller

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Is the problem occuring because i have a CD Changer connected, does this make the AUX socket redundant.

you got it in one mate

as soon as you have either an ipod or cd changer retro fitted you cant use the aux anymore

Irfan

waller76

Not fussed about using the changer, would prefer the AUX socket!

Is there an easy fix solution that i can do myself or is it best to get a dealer or car audio place to look at it! i'm assuming its unplug the changer and plug in the AUX socket????? but does this mean removing centre console plastics etc.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
upto you mate, you can take the headunit out (see my guide below) and see it there are wires for the aux socket there?

Was the cd changer factory fitted?

waller76

Its a company car, the only 2 optional extras you get are Metallic Paint and a Changer, so i went for the changer! Not sure if it was factory fitted or whether the fleet company had it installed!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I'm pretty sure that you can't get the changer factory fit, it's dealer fit only.

djhogg

AUX / CD Changer Problem

I have the same problem.

I have a 56 Mk2 Leon TDI FR, it has a cd changer fitted and a AUX input located on the centre console.

Altho' please note that I removed the headunit, removed the cd changer block connector and instered a loose block connector that was tucked away round the back of the headunit (as I have assumed that this is the AUX input cable), I have plugged in my iPod to the AUX input located on the centre console, pressed the CD/AUX button on the headunit and it still says 'no cd'?

I've noticed that there are 3 wires in a block connector (black,white,purple) at the back of the headunit, but 4 wires (black,black,white,purple) from the AUX input on the centre console?

Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hogg

Last edited by a moderator:

bassplayerdanny

hi guys, sry i know this is in the wrong place but i have NO IDEA how the hell your suppose to make a new thread on this site? anyone? :confused:

I need to know if its possible to simply swap the tape player in a Seat Ibiza Chill 1.4 2001 - 2002 for a single CD player. I'm not bothered for a cd changer i just want a stand alone cd player unit instead of the lame tape player (who uses tapes now!) :blink: pfft..

greatfull for any help and once again sry for posting here.

cheers

Danny :help:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise