Aux Port

tweedz

Feb 22, 2009
cumbria
my Aux port is playing up.. i have to hold the aux lead in the port on a slight angle for it to play music. anyone have any ideas whats wrong with it?
could it be a faulty fuse or something?
dont really want to have to go back to the dealer as im sick of going to be honest
any help would be great :(

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
it will be a faulty connection due to the cable being pulled to the side etc, take it back to the dealers they should be able to sort this,

it could also be your aux cable so try a different cable before taking it to dealers

tweedz

Feb 22, 2009
cumbria
it will be a faulty connection due to the cable being pulled to the side etc, take it back to the dealers they should be able to sort this,

it could also be your aux cable so try a different cable before taking it to dealers

ive tried 3 or 4 diffrent cables. thanks mate looks like ill have to take it in

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
well its the connection inside the car, if you look at your Aux cable you will see two rings at the end, these are the connectors and there not the most robust things, your stealer should sort this for you no problem

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
On a related note, i've finally managed to route my aux cable to the glovebox.

1. Open glovebox and at the back right there's a notch, drop the end of your aux cable over this notch and feed the cable down, it should drop out into the passenger footwell. keep feeding until you've got enough cable left in the glovebox to plug in your ipod etc and control it if necessary.
2. Plug the cable into the aux port, you'll notice to the right of the cable there's a gap between the two pieces of trim, exploit that to keep the routing neat and hidden. I found it easiest to route the cable to the back of the console bit, gently tucking the cable between the upper and lower pieces of trim along the back edge, then round the left hand edge (its only temporary). 3. Once the cable's at the left hand front edge of the console, tuck it firmly between the trim, then use the cable in the foot well and the bit you've just tucked between the trim, to pull the cable fully between the trim right to the back (like cutting cheese) and then tuck the remianing cable between the trim at the back out of the way.

not got my phone on me atm but i'll get some pics asap.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members