AVRCP Compatibility MIB1

gaza1994

Jan 11, 2020
Scottish Borders
garethjohnstone.co.uk
Hi Guys,
Bit of a technical one this one!

I have a 2014 Seat Leon ST that came with a MIB1 head unit - everything was working great until my phone (Google Pixel 6 Pro) got an update - this forced version 1.5 for Bluetooth AVRCP!

I've worked around it by lowering the version number to 1.4 via dev tools etc - which is fine, but I'm now running into issues where some of my newer Bluetooth devices are not backwards compatible and I'm constantly having to change versions reboot and then use it... It's a nightmare!

I'm assuming the Bluetooth chip/module in the MIB1 head unit is the problem - is there anyway to update the AVRCP profiles so it behaves with the newer versions, or do I need to bite the bullet and get a MIB2 unit (does MIB2 have the same issues?)

Thanks in advance!

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
In exactly the same boat :-( but thank you for pointing me in the direction of the developer settings.
I presume can't be cured with a software update on the Mib1?
Would be interesting to know if mib2 also suffers....

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

gaza1994

Jan 11, 2020
Scottish Borders
garethjohnstone.co.uk
In exactly the same boat :-( but thank you for pointing me in the direction of the developer settings.
I presume can't be cured with a software update on the Mib1?
Would be interesting to know if mib2 also suffers....

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
not sure, about software update ... the kicker is, AVRCP is supposed to be backwards compatible, but its up to the developers discretion wither they implement that or not, judging by the fact that 1.5 doesn't work but 1.4 does, would indicate they did not implement it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.