Backbox for mk1 leon tdi???

wazzzer

Mar 18, 2010
halstead essex
Hi all...
Thinking of getting a backbox for my leon, just wondering if anyones got any recommendations???Would go to cat back but dont know what to go for, dont really want to spend more than £200.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
200 wont get you cat back, for rear box scorpion do one for 190quid

tbh id save the extra 80quid to go cat back mate as youll only want to do it eventually anyway

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It's pointLess getting just a backbox for the tdi. The biggest restriction is the cat. I would go for a full miltek non res system and get the sound/performance benifit also.

Seal

ive just had a custom stainless done it cost me £300 and its full system including decat.

id save up the extra personally

Seal

i had it done at MIJ performance in walsall. good service, great choice of tailpipes and sound.

i had what they call the midsport which gives a nice noise when going further up the rev range but cruising is still as quiet as before.

they do a standard sound and a full sport which i imagine is more leary than mine.

wazzzer

Mar 18, 2010
halstead essex
It's pointLess getting just a backbox for the tdi. The biggest restriction is the cat. I would go for a full miltek non res system and get the sound/performance benifit also.

Do you know how much these are?And whats the difference between resonated and non resonated?

Seal

Do you know how much these are?And whats the difference between resonated and non resonated?

resonated will be standard sound and non resonated will give you more of a petrol grunt.

cheapest i have seen is on ebay and there about £375

Seal

Thanks for the info, any chance of a pic of your mate?

yeah ill take you pictures and post them up if my post count will let me know.

might be a couple of days as the car is on bricks at the moment as it has no wheels lol

Seal

Am i right in thinking that with it being a diesel it will still go through the emissions on a MOT without a cat?

With a good blast up the local dual carriageway to clear it out first yes! :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.