Backdraft GT2860RS Ibiza Build

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
it was a serious caser of a 'screech off' when me and alex went head to head.

and yes he beat me :(

my good times were when i wasnt racing alex

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
you will get better grip on bald r888 than you will half worn ones mate....act like slicks.

cooked a few but if i tryed to not spin at all it would be a slow run as it was still spinning in 3rd and i was only hitting 4th as i was near to the line

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
I think once we both get drag tyres we will be fine. Both our cars were getting loads of heatsoak as we were waiting so long for each run.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Hooch, yeah i never thought about that. ;)

Alex, i always leave the bonnet open and car off while waiting. Look like a numpty pushing the car but saves it getting hot sitting.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
we did baz but the heat from the engine raises up to the mani and mani ends up roasting. some times better off with i running i rekon as you then get half hot half cold mani

Dec 31, 2005
London
can i borrow your keys?!
lol ive already decided i cant afford the 5k, so selling up and looking at an ihi or similar once ive got the money together,
I was very tempted to give the credit card a bashing for one of these backdraft kits though, they look awesome

old yella

Oct 5, 2002
warwickshire
Visit site
hello alex,your ibiza looks nice chap,really intersted in this kit just a couple of questions. have you ever had any braking issues with the down pipe that close to servo/master cylinder ect, heat soak causing fluid to boil? and is the down pipe now available to buy with the kit? if so how much?
sorry so many questions.
cheers craig.

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
hello alex,your ibiza looks nice chap,really intersted in this kit just a couple of questions. have you ever had any braking issues with the down pipe that close to servo/master cylinder ect, heat soak causing fluid to boil? and is the down pipe now available to buy with the kit? if so how much?
sorry so many questions.
cheers craig.
I had my brake servo hose melt 3 times when backdrafft kit fitted , rerouted and all was fine, used a mk4 golf one as base , I fell this should come with kit as a safety feature. .as the down pipe sits on an inch or so from vacume hose . It may have been down to high etgs but hot gases should not cause you to lose brakes ,

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
I had my brake servo hose melt 3 times when backdrafft kit fitted , rerouted and all was fine, used a mk4 golf one as base , I fell this should come with kit as a safety feature. .as the down pipe sits on an inch or so from vacume hose . It may have been down to high etgs but hot gases should not cause you to lose brakes ,

well it is on a TT

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise