Bad buys on ebay. What you got?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Bought 2 R badges for my car. One for the offside wing and one for the bootlid.
Both hot ally corrosion and both got faded red paint.
Now, one i bought ages ago as an OE badge in VAG packaging and one i ordered a few days ago that isnt OE and was a few quid cheaper.

Both look pretty smart from the front or be it slightly different.
But from the back, the cheaper one is utterly useless.
The outer edge is the only point of contact with the double sided tape (which is supplied with it) so cant imagine it'll stay on for long.
20211106_152357.jpg

20211106_152416.jpg

So what (not) so bargainous items have you bought?

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Even the OEM ones are rubbish. The white flakes off. Spent £36 on the three but I'd wished I'd lacquered them before sticking them on!

Reactions: Rich.T

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Both lots of L27A (supposedly) “copper” touch up paint, which I needed to tart up the scuffed alloy. Neither was remotely close.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Ebay used to be brilliant. What happened? It's nigh on useless nowadays.
Did Ebay's charges get so extortionate, that only scammers can make a dishonest crust from it?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ebay used to be brilliant. What happened? It's nigh on useless nowadays.
Did Ebay's charges get so extortionate, that only scammers can make a dishonest crust from it?
I disagree.
Last week i won an almost mint front wing for my Leon in the correct colour for £42 inc post.
Admittedly i recieved a bootlid for a 95 fiesta but still.... 😁

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
I've largely given up on ebay these days. It's an absolute haven for fraudsters and crooks and ebay themselves offer no support at all when anything goes wrong :confused:.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
PayPal can be useful. I bought a "brand new sealed" iPhone and it was a repackaged refurbished phone. Got the money back through PayPal and stil got to keep the phone.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
What annoys me more is the people - especially breakers - who just don't respond. It's not like I'm asking for a single torx screw that's buried somewhere deep in the engine compartment - I'm literally asking for a door, a bumper or something and I need the paint code to make sure it's the right colour. Nothing.

I get really pissed off at poor customer service. When I was doing my shocks last month I ordered some new bolts for the rear upper shock mount. They took something like three weeks to post them, and that was a week later than the latest delivery date.

I'm getting the rage just thinking about it.

Reactions: Alexis27
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.