Badge location

hendy

Jul 4, 2009
Northants
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am looking forward to picking up my 2002 Cupra (1.8 20vT) tomorrow night.

I have had a search around the forum and have been unable to find any good examples of the back end of people's cars.

My car has been debadged, and I personally feel that it looks a little bare so would like to buy some badges to fit on.

Could you please post some images of the rear of your cars with either standard or modified badges on to see how they should look.

Also, if anyone could recommend a good place to get hold of them other than ebay or from Seat that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

hendy

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Hi mate,

your nearest dealer, would be your best bet, and the bit I've had of them have been cheap!
Unfortunately I've debadged the back end of mine, but as there quite commom you might have one near you.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
mine never came with the "20vt" badge, which given the cars standard looking appearance is a bit sleeper-ish which is sometimes quite amusing :whistle:

Mine has the '20vt' but has a tow bar, that has the same effect all be it a slightly heavier way of achieving it lol.

As markgb said, dealer is the best place as they are a matter of pounds.
This is the back end of mine standard apart from the cupra badge being in the wrong place. The cupra badge sits a little more to the right so the flag clears the 'SEAT' and then its up so it is almost touching the 'SEAT'. I am tempted to take the 'SEAT' and 'LEON' off so theres just one badge either side and then get the long 'LEON' across the middle of the boot instead
IMG_0060.jpg

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Mine has the '20vt' but has a tow bar, that has the same effect all be it a slightly heavier way of achieving it lol.

As markgb said, dealer is the best place as they are a matter of pounds.
This is the back end of mine standard apart from the cupra badge being in the wrong place. The cupra badge sits a little more to the right so the flag clears the 'SEAT' and then its up so it is almost touching the 'SEAT'. I am tempted to take the 'SEAT' and 'LEON' off so theres just one badge either side and then get the long 'LEON' across the middle of the boot instead
IMG_0060.jpg

mine has had a tow bar at some point, but now has the ugliest cover known to man!
Need to find a replacement bumper.
IMO the back end looks at lot better without the badges.

hendy

Jul 4, 2009
Northants
Thanks for all your replies. I am picking the car up after work today :D

This is going to be a very long day in the office!!!!

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
From what I remember reading on here.

Cupra badges were fitted by the garages hence the random placements.

Having said that I would say traumapat's is slightly out, meant to have the bottom of the SEAT's T in the corner of where the flag meets the word CUPRA.

ell0070 also has the CUPRA badge too high, if you search around there are measurements for placement of that lettering which I used when I rebadged mine. I think it's something like 8cm up from the bumper.

Will try get round to posting a pic of the back of mine.

hendy

Jul 4, 2009
Northants

Having said that I would say traumapat's is slightly out, meant to have the bottom of the SEAT's T in the corner of where the flag meets the word CUPRA.

ell0070 also has the CUPRA badge too high, if you search around there are measurements for placement of that lettering which I used when I rebadged mine. I think it's something like 8cm up from the bumper.

Great, thank you. I have only just picked the car up this afternoon (due to problems at the trader) and I have the badges now. So am looking forward to fitting them.

Thank everyone for the advice....just need to save up and prioritise the next "mod"

hendy

Last edited:

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands

I know it's high, but I tried various positions, including the correct one, before I stuck it on, and fancied going with a higher one. And while we're at it, the C is 4ml higher than the A - slipped slightly:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Right I've done a bit of a trawl through the Forum for the threads which helped me.

Best guide is this picture here which shows all the measurements and was taken from this thread and also mentioned in this thread.

The alternative (earlier model) layout is like the one on the blue car in this thread.

I've not managed to photo my car yet though soz. I used the spaced out CUPRA letters bought from the stealers as high as shown from that measurement picture.

Good luck.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Back of my car with the new styling CUPRA letters which have replaced the older styling of SEAT and LEON in the bottom corners.

car_back_by_yorkshirepud.jpg

Front of my car, just for the sake of it cos I've added the old little CUPRA badge to the front grill. Also Cupra R splitter.

car_front_by_yorkshirepud.jpg

I know it needs a wash.

hendy

Jul 4, 2009
Northants
Nice!

I really like the look of that. I have bought and fitted the original style badges now, but I think this might be a potential update for me when I get bored with the current look!

Neil01Cupra

Modded Badge

What about this for an idea! Changed the E from SEAT badge to an F and mixed em up a bit... F A S T L E O N... Ha Ha
FASTLEON_zps5fbb93d8.jpg