Baffled Sump : Is it worth it?

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Ive been looking at a baffled sump for £138 quid and was wondering is it really worth it, while my sump is off is it worth the upgrade to it for is it a wate of money, also if i make some plates my self and get a freind to tig them in, is it as effective?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Rob has his INA Engineering one for sale now, its a cracking design and well worth it if your planning on doing track days and you have your sump off just now.

If your never planning on doing track days then its a waste of money for a road car.

the benefits of a baffled sump is that the oil is channeled toward the pick up to save on starvation when cornering hard/sustained/with slicks

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Im looking at tracking it yes, but i need a stable motor for that and more mods yet, i want to get it ready for the german car show there doing at rockingham :) how much is the one for sale ?

Rob has his INA Engineering one for sale now, its a cracking design and well worth it if your planning on doing track days and you have your sump off just now.

If your never planning on doing track days then its a waste of money for a road car.

the benefits of a baffled sump is that the oil is channeled toward the pick up to save on starvation when cornering hard/sustained/with slicks

As Willie said really...I think it's only a track/track day thing that you 'need' one for.

I have one on my fireblade engined hillclimb car, but it's a necessity on an engine like that running on slicks. On a purely road car I wouldn't bother TBH.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I have one on my fireblade engined hillclimb car, but it's a necessity on an engine like that running on slicks. On a purely road car I wouldn't bother TBH.

track use i would reccomend it and after seeing several blown motors on a muddy oval it's not just tarmac and grippy slicks where it's useful too

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Im looking at tracking it yes, but i need a stable motor for that and more mods yet, i want to get it ready for the german car show there doing at rockingham :) how much is the one for sale ?
If your palanning on tracking the car then 100% get one
Rob's one is the one for you, GET IT!!

I'm very very close to buying it but have £1,000's to spend on other more important things first

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Trackdays = baffled sump essential, simple as that. A split second of oil starvation and you can kiss your engine goodbye. Hard cornering, hard braking, your oil is surging all over the place.

I don't want to sell mine, but need the funds for my engine rebuild just now. If I can't sell it I will fit it before my first 2010 trackday.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.