Balance of 'bonk' volume setting in infotainment system vs. music level (Android Auto)

Jan 25, 2023
The 'bonk' sound from interacting with the infotainment system and the capacitive cabin buttons is louder than the volume of whatever I listen to via Android Auto.

I really like having the audio feedback from these buttons, so I know it's an option, but I'd rather not have to turn it off completely if I can avoid it.

I've investigated every menu I can find. I think the issue maybe seems to come from the fact that my Bluetooth audio input level is set to 'Quiet' when AA is running, and the volume control for that is greyed out so I can't change it. I've attached a photo. (It's not so obvious that it's greyed out on the image, but it very much is.) I don't know if that's by design, to let the volume control happen elsewhere, or if it's because full AA actually uses WiFi rather than Bluetooth for higher audio quality, so then Bluetooth Audio in the picture isn't applicable at all here.

Changing the volume on the phone itself does nothing; it seems like the Android Auto phone-side app outputs at a constant volume, evidently working much like a Line Out in cabled audio would be expected to behave, where the amp is there to do the job of controlling the speaker's volume as part of the next step.

The only volume control I have is the general system audio, which I usually adjust via the steering wheel scroller. It turns the bonks up at the same time as the music / podcast / whatever.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to either un-grey-out the Bluetooth audio option, or to separate the volume of the 'bonk' noise in the Infotainment system from the overall audio system volume? Thanks!

P.S. I've tried playing around with sliders for:
  • adjusting volume with driving speed
  • max volume lock
...and maybe a couple of others that I'm forgetting about, but if anyone knows for sure that it's to do with one of these, please let me know what I'm doing wrong!

Attachments

• 20230122_204240_2.jpg
    20230122_204240_2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 106
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise