bang

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
hi i got a bang on the rite front corner wen goin over pot holes or fing bumps in the road just wondered if any 1 cud help or had this prob goin to take the wheel of and check if the suspension gon dry?

Last edited:

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
I don't think it's text speak, I genuinely think the guy can't spell or grammatise correctly. I think I got the 'jist' of it though.

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
My head hurts :(

Me too Lee, I am also guilty as charged for hijacking a thread and not contributing to it's original subject but acquitted on that charge for upholding another, more poignant rule. That is preventing the viral like spread of 'text speak', lack of grammar and general wanton lack of education which results in an almost treasonable misuse of the Queens English!

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
??????? :ban: text talk!

Check the under tray under the car, could be flapping around.

I would say that the undertray wouldn't give a 'bang' as he puts it, sounds like drop link or top mount, but more inclined to say drop link.

I went through 3 sets of these in 2 years on my S3 (same front suspension as LCR)

The good news is that they are a piece of cake to change, DO NOT buy pattern parts, buy genuine only, they last roughly twice as long.

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Also has it just started happening? And is it a bang or a rattle, driving slow/fast?

Bushes in my drop links went before and it was a loud rattle but not a bang, could be any bush really on the front end

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
Something else just occurred to me, if the car has had a hard paper round then I might suggest ARB bushes as well, totally mullered ARB bushes :)

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
I would say that the undertray wouldn't give a 'bang' as he puts it, sounds like drop link or top mount, but more inclined to say drop link.

I went through 3 sets of these in 2 years on my S3 (same front suspension as LCR)

The good news is that they are a piece of cake to change, DO NOT buy pattern parts, buy genuine only, they last roughly twice as long.

Why does it take me so long to type.........:cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members