banging noise

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
Since having my coilovers fitted i've noticed a banging noise which happens over certain bumps. Sounds like theres a tool box in front of the dashboard. My father reckons the wiper motor is loose but i think the sound is lower than that. Anybody heard strange clangings since fitting coilovers??:cry:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
All the time.

I just ignore it to be honest, don't think the cold weather helps the rest of the strange noises I get - lol!

ibizaneal

need more mods
Jun 7, 2007
Annan, near carlisle
yeah check the anti roll bar hasnt moved, mine did it and when goin over certain bumps the drop link bolt threads were hitting the metal inner arch, turn your wheels so you can see the links and look for scraping marks.

bozzy_beezerFR

how crutial is it to fit different anti roll bars when lowering your beeza? if seen threads talk about upgrading them but is this essential?

chapelhill

I have just bought an Ibiza that has Eibeck 40mm lowered springs and also get a noise like that, I was looking around under the bonnet this afternoon and the airfilter box has a fair bit of play and can if moved enough hit something metal, I will take it off tomorrow and have a look and insulate with rubber to see if that was causing it. I sound like it is coming from about 18" infront of the middle of the glove box.

Regards
Chapelhill