battery light staying on

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
over took a car on way home and the light came on...

pulled over after a short while and turned it off and put it back on...

i didnt come back on, its now back on,went to start car and it wouldnt.. am i right in thinking alternator belt?

where is the alternator located on this engine as its too dark to look atm?

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
the alternator belt seems to be spinning upon inspection..

when I got near home earlier loads of lights appeared on my dash too

abs
tc etc

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Id check the tentioner to make sure thats not broken or anything if its not tight. And a belt change would be the next bet mate there under a tenner new so worth doing it. I doubt that the belt would have anything to do with the tc ect.... thats normally maf related

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Its the alternator belt tentioner, its located right next to the alternator, not heard of any problems with them but theres always a first time for everything. Probably best off changing the belt then taking it from there

plymcupra

when i had a problem with my battery being flat i had all the lights on the dash come on inc TCS

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
not had a chance to have a proper look yet as it was dark last night...

which wire was that? visable to the eye from the bay

cr33p

diesel powah!
Sep 11, 2006
Slovenia
It's not visible, sorry. It was very hard to find, it's the one which "tells" the alternator when to charge.

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
can you explain what it looks like etc so i can have a look? when you say not connected is it fairly bit and will it be visable thats its not connected if i looked ta it?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I had an issue with with my old focus when the dash would light up like a christmas tree and the engine would start to misfire, happened a couple of times and then the alternator itself started smoking. Replaced that and all was fine. If the alternator is on its way out it may be that the battery is providing inconsistent voltages to the ECU causing all your lights, etc.

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
all the lights came home because the battery was dying, I personally think anyway

hence why i think alternator, i need to get voltmeter to check

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.