Bens Mk2 Cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Thought it was time I started a readers ride after buying my 2008 Mk2 Cupra in Feb. She had only covered 47k miles and looking at the mot history she had been in a garage all her life often only covering a few thousand miles between mots and only having 3 owners from new.

Attachments

Reactions: Syphon

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
The garage I bought it from done cambelt and waterpump for me so that was one less thing to worry about. Had the roof wrapped a month or so ago. Think black roofs really suit these along with the black mirrors etc.

Went to AMD in July and had oil pickup pipe replaced as a preventative measure before I started adding more power. Also had the cam bucket replaced and fresh brake fluid and changed oil to 5w40. Also had a GFB Dv+ fitted.

Today is the start of the real fun. Just booked in at AMD for the following.

Major service including gearbox oil change.

New front pads

New pcv breather

New clutch return spring

Miltek catback exhaust although im contemplating changing to Cobra as the Miltek on my mk1 cupra R wasnt that loud although once decat and downpipe is on may be louder. Any help or advice appreciated.

Ramair oversize intake

Stage 1 map.

Roll on 23rd October.

Apologies for the thumbnails trying to add from photobucket but not working.

Attachments

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looking good and looks like your on top of the maintenance. Exhausts a really difficult / personal thing. I would say mine is quiet (full Milltek - resonated). But when I visit my mom she takes my dinner out the oven when I'm about 3/4 mile away (it's a quiet housing estate). The decat and downpipe will make it louder, as will choosing a non resonated catback (and also cheaper).

Scorpion might be worth a look as well as Trackslag which I'm debating switching over to. BCS are also quite highly regarded. I've not heard of Cobra before, but a quick Google seems quite positive. I won't be getting another Milltek... and a think there are a fair number of people who won't be either.

Reactions: Benmk2cupra

Leeoncupra

Leon cupra 240 stg1
Feb 12, 2017
Birmingham england
If your only going for stage 1 , best bet is to take of the downpipe and smash out the precat and get a back box delete

Done the above on mine and it sounds awsome and does not drone one bit

Rtech claim you could yield an extra 10bhp at stage 1 from a precat delete alone

My exhaust owes me £130

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
If your only going for stage 1 , best bet is to take of the downpipe and smash out the precat and get a back box delete

Rtech claim you could yield an extra 10bhp at stage 1 from a precat delete alone

My exhaust owes me £130

I will be going stage 2 + etc in the new year so will decat and then sell the cat as I know a friendly mot man luckily lol. After the 23rd stereo uograde in the form of rcd330 is next on the cards as I need Bluetooth and satnav really bad lol.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Looking good and looks like your on top of the maintenance. Exhausts a really difficult / personal thing. I would say mine is quiet (full Milltek - resonated). But when I visit my mom she takes my dinner out the oven when I'm about 3/4 mile away (it's a quiet housing estate). The decat and downpipe will make it louder, as will choosing a non resonated catback (and also cheaper).

Scorpion might be worth a look as well as Trackslag which I'm debating switching over to. BCS are also quite highly regarded. I've not heard of Cobra before, but a quick Google seems quite positive. I won't be getting another Milltek... and a think there are a fair number of people who won't be either.
Is yours mapped? Im looking forward to seeing the difference between stock and mapped. Counting down the days lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Is yours mapped? Im looking forward to seeing the difference between stock and mapped. Counting down the days lol
Yeah, mine is R-tech 2+. Worth every penny. If you got straight from stock to 2+, it'll be like the best rollercoaster ride ever. LOL. I went 1, 2, 2+ with Revo and then switched to R-tech 2+. So each was an increment for me.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Yeah, mine is R-tech 2+. Worth every penny. If you got straight from stock to 2+, it'll be like the best rollercoaster ride ever. LOL. I went 1, 2, 2+ with Revo and then switched to R-tech 2+. So each was an increment for me.
Yeah I bet stock to stage 2 plus is crazy when your looking at a 120 plus bhp increase lol. Ill go from stage 1 to 2 plus. Audio is next on the list after next weeks work.

Reactions: Legojon
Aug 13, 2020

My exhaust owes me £130

It would be so nice to see your modified stock exhaust vs aftermarket fullexhaust dyno. I bet hp numbers are closer than expected, less than 10hp difference?

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Was an early start to the day yesterday as took the Cupra to AMD for lots of work. As you never know what that bloody tunnel is like I left home early and ended up having to wait outside for 1 1/2 hours lol.

Car had everything done apart from the map as ive got a missfire on 2 cylinders so now shes got to go back on Saturday to have injectors sent off and serviced and then to be mapped.

Loving the ramair and the Miltek. Got a few other bits that need doing.

Rear tyres are 5 year old
Small cooling fan noisy
Rear pads need doing soon
Sticking rear caliper will get 2 new ones.
Wheels need a refurb as got a buckle in both fronts

So long story is I need lots of overtime but we will get it all sorted.

Attachments

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.