Best 'hidden' tricks

chrispyvrs

Dec 25, 2012
Hi All,

Quick one as I only recently found out with the help of you on here that holding down the lock button brings the mirrors in automatically. Having also found out you can play songs or YouTube via Bluetooth through the speakers.

Just wondering what little tips or hidden tricks are out there that I may have missed?

Thanks

Chris

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Holding the lock button opens and closes the windows.

Holding the boot lock button pops the boot open.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Kicking the GF out before a 'spirited' drive reduces the noise level drastically..... ;)

cChanceFR

Feb 20, 2014
I want to know how the hell to make the heated mirrors work! Tried googling it and followed that and didn't really see anything happen haha

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
On the button to control the mirrors...the middle option which is at the top is the de-mist option. Looks like the sign they use for de-misting the rear window. Thats how is it on my MK2 LCR.

If yours doesn't have that, but does have the de-mist option then it will be switched on when you use the rear window de-mist option.

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
On the button to control the mirrors...the middle option which is at the top is the de-mist option. Looks like the sign they use for de-misting the rear window. Thats how is it on my MK2 LCR.

If yours doesn't have that, but does have the de-mist option then it will be switched on when you use the rear window de-mist option.

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
you need to select bluetooth as your music source, and then if the head unit does not automatically open up the default app on your phone and start playing then you may need to open up the music player on your phone a push play. It should play through the car.

Mine opens the player on my phone automatically, displays track info and lets me skip tracks forward or back.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
iv tried the boot pop with key with no luck. Am i missing anything here?

Needs to be modified really to work properly, if you hold the button down you'll hear it pop but it more than likely won't open, you need stronger struts.

It's been covered before on here so do a quick search and you'll find info on how to do it if you really want to, most people said it made the boot really hard to close after they'd changed the struts.

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
If you want to activate coming home function (cars with auto lights) you have to turn the engine off and flash the lights. Then when you pull the key out of the ignition the lights come on and stay on for the allotted time set on the MFD (i.e. 30 seconds) even if you lock the car.

Can be handy if you're in somewhere which is pitch black.

No idea why you have to flash the lights, but you do.

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
If you want to activate coming home function (cars with auto lights) you have to turn the engine off and flash the lights. Then when you pull the key out of the ignition the lights come on and stay on for the allotted time set on the MFD (i.e. 30 seconds) even if you lock the car.

Can be handy if you're in somewhere which is pitch black.

No idea why you have to flash the lights, but you do.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members