Best Quick Detailer (QD)

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Hi guys!
Caught a strong case of detailing addiction over the past few months, to my wife's annoyance!
Buying shampoo and polish means you then obviously need to get some good decon bits so tardis and iron-x and if your doing that MIGHT as well clay after too! How about a prewash too, snow foam!! Then you need a good wax to coat your hard work! haha plus ALL the mits, cloths, towels, applicators brushes and lances etc!
I can definitely say Friday spending 3 hours on my first attempted at a good (albeit small in comparison to some lol) detail was sooo fun! :lol: pics to follow!

Now having done that I clearly need a good quick detailer so when next giving the car a quick wash down I can top it up!

I'm using AG's Super Resin Polish followed by PoorBoy's Natty's Paste.
I've seen a very large following for Meguiar's but I've also seen a lot of people say there's 10x better stuff! Seen great things for Bilt Hamber's or AutoSmart (but I find a lot of people who use some AutoSmart products use nothing BUT AutoSmart products so may be a bit biased reviews there!)

Any suggestions then? Value for money and effects...

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Autosmart Tango, diluted about 8:1 ratio. I use a lot of Autosmart, but not just Autosmart! Tango rates higher in my book than Meg's Quik Detailer or Demon Shine - those are the only two that I can directly compare to in my experience.

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Have you used AutoSmart's Wax Detail Spray? I read its better than Tango. Don't get me wrong, I use AutoSmart's Tardis, G101 and one of their interior trim finishes which are great but I nab it all from work! haha some good stuff!
And DEFINITELY a plus you can dilute it!

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
I have Autoglym stuff and can't complain about it, I previously had Meguiars and they smell pretty similar, pretty sure they are the same thing. Use it as clay lube too.

Mar 13, 2010
AF Finale or Sonax Brillaint shine.

Ive been detailing cars for about 6 years now, need any help let me know, you'l soon be looking at DA's ;)

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Excellent! Do you dilute either of these or can try be?
I'm really looking for a QD that can be diluted and used to removed the odd mark between washes and also use after a wash to boost shine between waxes/polishes
Cheers

jake44

Mar 24, 2014
norfolk
af finale is what I always use as a finishing qd before collections or at shows after a wash down etc. theres so many about now though, as copey said sonax is also great

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
I read somewhere that AF's Finale was hard to use? I currently use PB's Natty's Paste Wax as it can be applied in direct sunlight.
Do you guys find any problems like this and having to use it in shade?

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
I have tried Meguairs quick detailer, poorboys spray and wipe and QD+ but the best I have used by a mile is Autoglym rapid detailer.

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Excellent! Do you dilute either of these or can try be?
I'm really looking for a QD that can be diluted and used to removed the odd mark between washes and also use after a wash to boost shine between waxes/polishes
Cheers

What you're looking for is AS Tango - ignore the brand names ;)

Considering effectiveness and, particularly, cost per application, I'm not sure that anything comes remotely close.

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
I pay less than £20 for Tango, and dilute it around 5:1 (and more is possible), giving around 30 litres - I can't remember the exact price I pay due to Autosmart's pricing structure.

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
I may try AS new wax detail spray as its like £8 for 1l (plus 1 MF lol) then you can dilute it the same! But I am a bit of a snob when I comes to cheap and do doubt the outcome tbh
But for £8 even if it just gets diluted for door shuts!

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
It's not cheap, it's just much better value for money. You're buying in trade quantities and not adding some ridiculous retail markup to it.

I have, currently, Meg's QD, Demon Shine and AS Tango. As a QD and also as a clay lube, Tango is the stand out winner. The fact that it is much lower cost is an added bonus.

Rhys Beal

Aug 18, 2013
Another vote for sonax brilliant shine detailer. Very waxy, lasts ages and beads like crazy!

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Managed to pick up 10l of AutoSmart Wax Detail Spray for a good price! Really good stuff contains carnauba wax and really rings out the shine of the LSP while aiding beading etc!
Thinking of dividing it up into 500ml spray bottles if anyone's interested??
PM me for details!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.