Better front brake pads and disc 2017 leon FR 1.4

Shrekker

Jun 4, 2021
Can anyone tell me a better front discs and pads for a 2017 Leon FR 1.4 ACT , I find the braking not very good
Also what size diameter do i need please. Euro states that there is two types of discs to fit my car ?

Do you think the Brembo are better than the others ?

I find the brake pedal a bit low , despite bleeding etc, my other leon 1.2 2016 has a better brake feel

Thanks

Steve

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Can anyone tell me a better front discs and pads for a 2017 Leon FR 1.4 ACT , I find the braking not very good
Also what size diameter do i need please. Euro states that there is two types of discs to fit my car ?

Do you think the Brembo are better than the others ?

I find the brake pedal a bit low , despite bleeding etc, my other leon 1.2 2016 has a better brake feel

Thanks

Steve
Your brakes on your car depend on your PR codes. Can normally find a sticker with your PR codes in the boot - or in your log book.
example:
276x24 = PR-1ZF/1ZH (continental brake system)
288x25 = PR-1ZE (TRW brake system)
312x25 = PR-1ZA (TRW brake system)

No Brembo 'aftermarket' are not better.

Sounds like you might have a brake system issue.
Check for seizing/sticking - caliper pistons, slide pins, pads are not tight in the caliper carrier. Are you 100% you have no air/ is the brake fluid old? When fluid gets old it absorbs water which then evaporates when it gets hot which can give you a soft pedal.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members